Chapter Nine

Finally being allowed back out in the water after taking it slow for two days I threw on my bikini and joined the others out on the deck, since the party a few girls had befriended the boys, Jason got particularly close to a pretty brunette called Hannah, but her friend came along with her who I could tell liked Asher, and obviously because she was tall, stunning, blonde and in a bikini he would be an idiot to not like her back. They were on our deck today with the boys, I took my space on my deck and placed my sunglasses on my face before laying back to sunbathe. Pretty happy with the tan that I'd obtained I stood up to see Baxter and Maverick lying in the shade I went over to pet Baxter.

"Hey baby, I've missed you since you made a new friend." I said scratching behind his ear, I gave Maverick a stroke too but as soon as I spoke Baxter climbed onto the couch outside and laid his head on my lap. I looked up to see Asher picking up the blonde by her waist and spun her around, they were playing a ball game against Jase and Hannah, I felt my stomach knot as she giggled touching his chest as he put her down. I blinked a few times to clear my eyes and cleared my throat, I don't even know this girls name and I hate her. Alice and Ben had gone out for a walk early this morning, they're cute I mean they're made for each other but these two girls who came down with Zach and his friends I just don't trust. As if he knew I was staring Asher looked straight over to me, I sent a small smile but he turned his head and focused on the game of volley ball he was now playing with the two girls and Jason. I grabbed the two dog leads and just took the dogs for a walk, thankfully they're both well trained so they stayed with me the whole time, I went out into the town and along the beach so I guess I was gone for a while but I had my phone if they need me.

I can't believe I've let myself like Asher, it's clear this is the problem otherwise I wouldn't be thinking this much into it, with an eye roll and pout I made my way back to the house, when I got there it was empty, no one was in the water or in the house. Walking out onto the deck I saw them all over at Zach's having a BBQ, I checked my phone to see no messages or missed calls a tight knot formed in my stomach as I felt quite hurt by all of them as I walked back inside. I felt tears form in my arms as I laid down on the bed and I couldn't help but cry, this trip has just gone from bad to worse for me, I'm meant to be here with my friends and cousin but I'm not enjoying myself at all, I may as well not be on this stupid trip. I felt Bax climbed into bed with me and as sad as it sounds I cried until I fell asleep. Hours later I was woken up by giggling, laughing and talking I frowned not happy that they'd come back and woken me up as well as leaving me out completely. Alice slowly and quietly walked into the room and shuffled around before going to bed, when I knew everyone was asleep I snuck out to the deck and sat on the edge putting my feet in, Baxter and Maverick of course followed me out.

"God this is such an awful trip." I moaned to myself kicking my legs in the water slightly, I closed my eyes as more tears fell silently before I just stared out to the water. It was a hot night so the water was cool and warm, stripping down to my underwear I slipped in and just floated looking up at the stars.

"What are you doing?" Asked the one voice I didn't want to hear.

"Floating." I said closing my eyes and blocking him out, I heard him sit down with a sigh at my blunt response but what did he expect?

"I meant why are you out here at nearly 2 in the morning?" His voice was tired and endearing, as much as I didn't want to tell him how I feel I knew I needed an explanation.

"I just felt like thinking for a while, and why not out here?" I said treading water slightly to look at him, he was in a tee shirt and trunks with his feet in the water too. He was looking me dead in the eyes but I broke contact and laid back to float again as I let out a long breath.

"You know it's a little weird that you're doing this." I didn't respond to his comment and just continued to look up at the sky, there were thousands of stars on show and I just wanted to get lost in my thoughts not listen to his stupid voice. "Are you okay Stella?" His voice was calm but at the same time stern as if he needed an honest answer.

"I'll be fine, I just wanna be alone right now." I said in a low voice, it broke as ended the sentence giving me way and I closed my eyes tightly and tears fell once again. God why am I acting like this? I knew I felt alone and left out but it never would normally hurt me as much as this.

"Stella?" I heard slip in the water and swim towards me, I soon felt him lift me up and just hug me as I cried into him. This is all his fault I shouldn't be finding comfort in him.

"I just feel so alone, and you were an ass the other day, Alice has Ben I just feel like there's no point in me even being here." I Sid before crying again, he rubbed soothing circles on my back to calm me down but never said a word for about three minutes until he finally replied.

"You're not alone."