Chapter Five

{Joe Jonas is Jason Vince}

As soon as I pushed open the front door to my house I knew Jason was already home, he started school this week and already has the same following as Asher and Ben. The girls knew of him already from parties and such but they still flocked around him like he was some kind of God. Once I made my tea and fed Baxter I heard the shower stop running, and Jason singing loudly to a random Justin Timberlake song. Sipping on my tea with Baxter curled up on my lap I watched an episode of Friends, giggling at one of Chandler's bad jokes Jason wandered in.

"Hey cuz, you wanna come to Asher's fight tonight? It's a Friday so there's no school tomorrow." His voice was genuine but the last experience I had there wasn't one I wanted to relive.

"No thanks I'll just stay in, but have fun I'll wait up for you." I sent him a smile and tucked some dark hair behind my ear and waited for his response.

"You sure? There's probably a party at Ben's?" He was on the verge of begging but I just shook my head.

"I don't think so, Alice is out with Hunter so I'll have no one to hang out with, just go have fun." He shrugged and went to the kitchen for food before there was knocking on the door, Jason answered it with bread hanging out his mouth.

"Hey dude!" His voice was muffled from the food and I heard Asher mutter a gross before they both just went to the kitchen, guess they're going to the fight together, well it's only half 5 the match shouldn't start for another 3 hours.

"Yo Stella do we have any take out menus?" I heard Jason shout, I stood up gathering Baxter into my arms and into the kitchen with a frown.

"It's a little unhealthy to eat right before a fight don't you think?" I asked not directly looking at Asher but reaching up to the pin board and taking down three menus, one for pizza, one for Chinese food and the other for some Thai food place in town.

"Thanks, yeah I guess but this fight is a piece of cake the guy I'm fighting is a wuss." Asher explained as he took the pizza menu looking at it briefly before looking up at me. "You coming?" I was momentarily in shock, his dark blue eyes were locked on my brown and I stuttered out a reply when he raised his eyebrow at me.

"I-I uh no, no I'm not." He just nodded and looked down.

"I want pizza man, if I'm going to the party after I don't wanna be hungry." Jason nodded picking up the phone.

"You want any?" I shook my head and made my way back into the living room, I un-paused the tv and continued watching with Baxter. I could hear the muffled chats from the boys and then the doorbell go for pizza, they then continued in the kitchen but it wasn't long until they yelled out goodbyes and left for the fight. After showering and changing into my pjs which consisted of red and blue checked shorts and a black baggy crop top, I then pulled my duvet sheets downstairs to watch films and order Chinese food. I was half way through eating my noodles when the door burst down and I let out a scream, Jason and Asher were yelling profanities as they helped a bloody and bruised Ben into the kitchen, I gasped at the scene in front of me and ran upstairs to get the first aid kit. The two boys were rushing around the kitchen just looking angry but Ben looked worn out and in pain, I got a cloth and cleaned him up ignoring the boys who were arguing about going to beat up whoever did this.

"Are you okay?" I asked Ben quietly as I wrapped a bandaid around the fairly deep slice in his arm, at the moment it didn't seem to phase me.

"Yeah I'm all good." He answered looking up but hissing when I wiped the cut in his lip.

"That son of bitch waited around, I'll fucking kill him, Ben I swear to God how the fuck did he get-" Asher was cut off after finally seeing me there and Ben mostly all cleaned up. "What the fuck are you doing here?" I frowned hurt at his reaction and stood.