Chapter 26: Part II

Start from the beginning

As I hung up, I worried, did I make the right decision?

****

"Do you remember the time you fell in the puddle? I was laughing and poor you...ended up with dirt all over you." Sara giggled sitting on an old red fabric sofa beside me. We were lounging in Sara's living room. She lived in a tiny one bedroom flat. It was adequately furnished with all the basic necessities. I could tell she was struggling financially.

I smirked, "Yes I remember." In fact, every moment spent with Sara had been treasured by me.

"Oh Fahd, it was a great time."

I remained silent and nodded.

"I miss that time a lot." She whispered.

Her hand snaked through mine. Our fingers intervening perfectly, "I am so sorry Fahd, of what happened." Gripping my hand firmly.

I pried her fingers from mine, "Sara it's too late now."

Her eyes filled with remorse tears, "Fahd please let's be friends." she bit her lower lip and her watery eyes searched mine, "I have been so lonely without you." A tear slid down her rosy cheek. I couldn't help myself, I brushed away the tear with my thumb.

"Sara I am married now. It won't be fair on Ramlah. I know where this friendship can lead to." I murmured.

She moved closer to me. Her eyes boring into mine. "Fahd, I ...I ...I need you in my life. I will die without you. These past few years have been torture." More tears spilled from her expressive blue eyes, "Please Fahd."

This was dangerous. I had to move away. I leaned back, distancing myself from Sara and I tried to stand up but Sara put her arms around my waist. Her lips seeking mine. I stilled. I wasn't able to respond. She kissed and kissed and kissed. Coercing me to respond. I wanted to push her away but I just couldn't. The familiar taste of her, her floral scent and the softness of her body against mine. I couldn't hold back. I kissed her back with all the pent up passion of the last few years.

I wasn't able to stay away from Sara. From that day onwards I met her every day at her home. We chatted for hours, filling each other with details of the last few years. I deliberately never spoke of Ramlah. I was uncomfortable discussing her. Ramlah was too pious to be discussed between Sara and me. Although, Sara asked many times about her. I always changed the topic.

We were relaxing on Sara's living room sofa. I was lying on the sofa and Sara was in my arms. Her back was pressed to my chest. Her head rested on my shoulder and my arms encircled her waist. I moved her hair to one side and lightly kissed her neck. Her eyes were closed, she whispered, "Fahd I can never get enough of this."

My arms tightened around her in reaction. I wanted this. Sara had always been so eager for my touch. She still melted in my arms. My male ego boosted knowing I had this kind of effect on Sara. Ramlah was never like this. There always seemed an invisible wall between us, a barrier that I was never able to break through. Sara nuzzled my neck, her lips touching my collar bone. I pushed my thoughts of Ramlah away. Sara's lips lingered on my skin. This was bliss.

****

What was I doing? I stared into the darkness. It was in the middle of the night. I wasn't able to sleep. Sara was like quick sand and I was sinking into it day by day. No day was passing by that I didn't meet her. The love for her, the need for her was rising by the minute. But the guilt was growing at a faster pace. Ramlah shifted in sleep, facing me. My eyes scanned her facial features. She slept peacefully. Her hand under her head on the pillow. It wasn't fair on her. I knew it. But I wasn't able to control myself. Sara was a drug I required but I was never content with her. The guilt was eating up my happiness. I had to stop. I took Ramlah's hand in mine, rubbing the backside of her hand with my thumb. She had such soft hands. I could never survive with Ramlah cheating on me. I will stop.... Only for her.... but the question was how?