Cigarettes

Leaning on his car, a cloud of grey smoke puffed out of his mouth. Shawn was the epitome of a bad boy. All with the perfect brown curls, leather jacket, and smirk. Girls fawned over him, literally kissing his feet. He knew he was handsome, and that just made him more prideful.

On the other hand, Camila was the total opposite. Her flowing hair framed her face, making her look innocent. She had a glow to her like an angel. She often wore soft knitted sweaters which she hid her hands in. 

Nevertheless, Shawn was like a big brother to her. His apartment was right next to hers, and he picked her up from college everyday.

Shawn watched Camila walk out of the building with Austin. He stood up and threw the cigarette onto the floor, crushing it with his foot. He walked towards the pair and eyed them jealously. 

"Camila, I think it's time to head home," he crossed his arms.

She kisses Austin on his cheek and hugs him which causes Shawn to fiddle with his keys.

"See you later, Austin!"

Austin smiles genuinely at her. He was totally whipped by what Shawn could see, but then again, who wasn't in love with the angel Camila Cabello? Not him, that's for sure. Shawn scoffed at the thought as Camila wound her arms around his neck for a hug. He burrows his head into her sweater and takes in her scent. 

"How was your day, angel?" He asks and takes her hand.

"Great! Austin helped me with guitar a lot today," she smiles.

Shawn clenches his fists, "He's not good for you, Mila."

"Shawn, he's perfectly fine. He hasn't even made a move."

"Well, I don't think you should trust him."

"Why is it that every time I get close to a guy, you have to hate them?"

"Camila, I'm just trying to look out for you!"

"Shawn! How am I ever going to have a boyfriend?"

Silence.

"Fine, be that way. Ignore me. You know, you have no control over my life. I can do whatever," she removes her hand from his.

The rest of the car ride is silent.

-

When Camila scores a date with Austin, Shawn angrily smashes things around his apartment. He watches her step out of her apartment in a tight white dress that hugs her delicious curves. His bitter mood drives himself delirious. He spends the night drinking beer and smoking cigarettes. 

Camila arrives back humming happily and swinging her bag. Then the obscene screaming starts from Shawn's apartment. Worriedly, she knocks on his door. It swings open, revealing a very drunk shirtless Shawn with blood shot eyes. A cigarette hangs from his lips. She coughs at the smoke. She boldly grabs the cigarette from his mouth and tosses it in the trashcan. She pushes him to his bedroom and strokes his hair as he stares at her while lying on the bed.

"Why do you do this to yourself?" She whispers.

He looks at her heart-broken face.

"Because sometimes we just can't have nice things."

He falls asleep with his head in her lap.

He wakes up at 1 am to see his angel in an uncomfortable position. She looks adorable either way. He quickly scoops her up and tucks her into the blankets. He slides in next to her and she immediately cuddles into him. He kisses her head and holds her tightly.

-

"Shawn! He's not going to break my heart! He's the sweetest person I know! You don't have to play big brother all the time!" She screams.

"Goddamn, Camila! I'm just trying to keep you safe!"

"Well you don't have to always! I don't even understand why! I've only known you for a year!" 

"It's because I love you!" He yells and immediately regrets it.

Fear clouds her eyes as she runs out of the room. 

"Camila!" He screams, but she's gone. 

He doesn't leave his apartment for the next week. He even throws out all his cigarettes just for her. They make no contact.

Meanwhile, Camila attempts to process the information. He loves her? Since when? All this time? She loved him so much her heart swelled, but she always thought he thought of her as a little sister. She wasn't even his type. He went for the daring girls with the short dresses and long legs. Not her, not the plain, tiny scared girl. 

She hadn't seen him in a week and it hurt her heart. Not being able to keep it in any longer, she took the spare key to Shawn's apartment. Opening the door, she headed to his bedroom. He was sleeping with the bracelet she gave him in his hand. She slipped in next to him and embraced his body. His eyes cracked open to see his angel. He smiled a lazy smile as she surprisingly pressed a gentle kiss to his lips. 

"I love you too," she looked into his eyes.

In that moment, the bad boy had never felt more complete in his life.

---

Not sure how this one turned out:/. Please request one-shots! I really need ideas!
VOTE
REQUEST
COMMENT
love, angie