My dad walked outside the room and shut the door behind him. I looked at James and asked him the same question.

"Thought you hated her." He said.

"I do." I say.

"Why'd you save her then?" He asked, folding his arms.

"Because I needed a assistant at work and it'd be boring if she wasn't there,"

"Boring?" He said with a big grin on his face.

"Yeah, I need someone to make fun of and she's just perfect," I say.

Jame's nodded his head like I was making it up but I didn't care. He sat on the chair next to my bed and ate my sandwich that the doctors left for me. Normally, I would have got up and make him choke on it but this time I didn't because I wasn't hungry.

"Is there a snack bar?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and he ran out the room, searching for a snack bar. He was such a child at times. I sat up and grabbed the magazine on the chair next to my bed. I hate reading magazine but I was so bored, anything would be fun right now.  

As I was reading, someone knocked on my door. It was Caitlin. Her eyes were red and swollen and she was covered in Abbey's blood.

"Sorry to disturb you but I just wanted to say thanks for saving my sister and me," She said, queitly.

"No problem," I said.

There was a awkward silence. We both were just looking around the room, thinking of something to say.

"Look, I didn't just come to thank you. I wanted to say sorry for all of this. It's all my fault." I could see water building up inside her eyes.

"Hey, it's not your fault," I say sympathetically. "Here take this tissue and sit down." I say, handing her a piece of tissue.

"Yes it is." She cried, wiping her tears away and sitting on the chair. "You wouldn't understand."

"Try me," I said.

"Dad's kidneys are damaged and we didn't have enough money to do it and I wasn't getting enough money at work because the manager just quit so I borrowed money from Chris, who I knew a long time ago, and I couldn't pay him back. He gave me three chances but I failed." She cried, wiping her tears again.

"Does your dad know?" I asked her.

She shook her head.

"Has he changed his kidneys yet?" I question her again.

"No, it's tomorrow." Her voice was shaking and I could tell she was upset and scared. "It was meant to be a surprise."

"Its going to be alright, I'll give Chris the money." I said to her.

"No, its my problem." She said, standing up.

"Do you want to die?" I said.

I finally got her to agree and she thanked me again. It felt good to do the right thing. I got out of my bed and walked out the door and I thought about seeing if Abbey was still alive. Not that I cared about her, I just didn't want my assistant to die. I knocked on the door and stepped inside. Abbey was lying on the bed and she had a bandage around her arm. I sat down and thought of what to say.

"Hey, feeling better?" I asked.

"Yeah," She answered. "Why are you here?"

"Because your sister, Alex, made me because I had a little cut on my chest whilst beating up the other guy," I explained.