Chapter 2

"So what you're saying is that you need me to fly all the way to ROMANIA so that I can fill out an order of new sun protection charms, for your boss, as well as other little orders and projects that needs to be done for him and possibly his associates..." I reiterate to the two vampires (now known as Abel and Emrick) as they still stood on the outside of my screen door while I sat in a chair sipping on some jasmine tea on the inside of the door.

I keep a calm exterior but in all honesty I'm laughing so damn hard. Not only because the two vampires at my door look absolutely humiliated and tired for being treated like dogs being punished by not being allowed entrance, but also at the damn nerve of their boss. He expects me to drop everything at my shop, haul my ass over to his castle (yes, castle) in Romania aka vampire capital of the world, and be on commission for him and his little vampire brown-nosers for who knows how long?

"Yes Miss, Lord ca Tradat is happy to pay for travel expenses along with your service and is honored to have you stay in his manor during your stay." Abel (the short one) said with his, now strained, insincere smile.

My internal laughter immediately died at the vampire lord's name. I can't stop the grimace, but my businesswoman interest was peaked. Their employer happens to be the vampire of legends to wiccan.

Lord Ares ca Tradat.

Vampires are obviously known to drink blood, but according to them the taste and quality of blood varies from what species the blood comes from. For vampires, drinking the blood of a human is the norm of eating, drinking the blood of an animal is considered vegetarian, and drinking the blood of a werewolf or faery or any mythical creature is like fine dining and can even give them additional but temporary power.

However, a vampire would give nearly anything for a sip of blood from a witch or wiccan because it is said to be the vampires' Ambrosia. The smell, sight and even the sound of it pulsing can make a lesser vampire will lose control from thirst and want. But a vampire who dares to drink a wiccan's blood without her consent is the ultimate taboo. The vampire is then cursed that every drop of blood he drinks henceforth will be so vile and putrid he'll either starve or go mad. The only way to lift the curse is for another wiccan to give her blood freely for him to take.

It's actually a bit of a romantic story, but as much of a romantic I am, reality rarely tends to have romantic endings, especially when it comes to vampires.

Lord Ares ca Tradat is known as the only vampire who committed such a taboo and still lives to this day with his curse. A few alarms went off in my head. Was this some kind of plot to lift his curse? I'm sure throughout the centuries he tried bribing, threatening, and possibly torturing wiccans to free him, but why me? A wiccan known for her magical charms and talismans who is basically on the other side of the world?

Although there could be many threats to me going to this vampire lord's aid, there were also many benefits (albeit benefits to my more selfish and dreamy side). This order could help my business boom greater then it ever had before. Also going to such a beautiful place like Romania all expenses paid would be an amazing opportunity, no one would want to pass it up! Oh, my right and left sides of my brain were at war!

I let out a sigh catching both vampires' attention. I give them a rather bland look. " Come back tomorrow night and I'll be able to give you an answer. It's late and I'm exhausted."

They didn't say anything for a moment and just stared at me as if they wanted give me a few choice words, but then Abel smiled again and Emrick gave a cert nod before turning to leave. Abel shuffled through a brief case he had on him and left a stack of papers at the door.