Chapter 1

Venus' outfit at the top

☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ● ☽◯☾ ●

"What do you mean you won't make a love potion for me?" the irritating multi-color haired girl basically shrieked at me.

I closed my eyes while taking a deep breath as she continued to yell at me with her two friends giving me the stink eye. Obviously these girls were the stereotypical high school mean girls, but me being the college student that I am, I am not affected by their snotty attitude nor am I intimidated by them puffing out their chests like animals.

Also, they must be illiterate since they walked in my shop oblivious to the sign on the window that says "SHOP DOES NOT SELL LOVE SPELLS".

"Its exactly as I said. I don't sell anything that will force love on another person. No love at first sight spells, no obsession potions, no romantic hypnosis charms. If you want I can give you an aid in love charm or something similar, but other than that I can't help you." I say with indifference.

My unhappy customer begins to look like a red puffer fish. Whoever she wants to cast a love spell on is a seriously unlucky son of a bitch. She slams her hand on the glass counter between us.

"Whatever! I don't need you or your stupid little shop! You're obviously a fraud and I'll expose you all over my blog!" She screeches before leaving followed by tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumbass.

Oh, I'm so scared. A little high school drama queen is going to give me a bad review on her freaking blog that only has five followers.

I know for a fact that she only has five followers and she lies to her friends about having over a thousand when she just made it a week ago. How do I know this?

Magick obviously.

I really dislike rude customers, especially when it comes to my one rule regarding love magick. Honestly placing a love spell on an unwilling person so that they will be with you romantically is the same thing as giving a spiked drink to a person in order to have sex with them.

And we all know the word for that action.

I started to clean the counter of the rude girl's hand smudges when my pretty black cat; Eve, hopped onto the glass and sat where I was about to wipe. Seriously, cats are little jerks. I sighed and flipped my long dark hair over my shoulder. Maybe I should read? Aside from the girl it has been a rather slow day. No, I should probably do something productive. I am low on smudge sticks, so I should make a few of those. I nod at my mental decision as I scratch behind Eve's black velvety ear.

As I pulled out my chosen herbs and flowers to bind and dry until I heard the bell on the door chime. I look up to see my newest customer and smiled. It was a shy looking girl with thick-rimmed glasses, a cute side braid, and she looked around the same age as the last girl who entered my shop.

I can tell from her nervous demeanor and the fact that she's looking at the incense as if they were bags of weed with eyeballs, she has never been in a magick shop before.

To my surprise, Eve hops off the counter and rubs herself against the new customer's leg, letting out a happy purr. Cat's may be assholes, but they are actually really good judges of character.

The girl smiles and bends down to pet my (sometimes) beloved cat, making the purring increase. I walk around the counter to make my way over to the girl's side; she jumps at my approach making me give her a gentle smile.

"Well hello. What brings you to my shop, dear." I say in my most welcoming voice.

This girl reminds me so much of a young deer with how shaky and hesitant she is. A light blush appears on her cheeks. Oooh. She must want help with a boy.