Excerpt/Prologue and Summary

EXCERPT

Nothing could calm him down.

His sharp canines extended into beast like fangs and his eyes were crazed and filled with rage toward the man he had pinned to the wall. The man's normal cocky and cruel demeanor was now gone replaced with a look of utter fear by being trapped by the monster.

A cruel sadistic grin spread across the monster planning the horror that would befall the man.

Nothing could calm him down.

But he could get distracted.

"Ares."

The monster froze. Not because he heard her call his name, but because of the familiar intoxicating scent that filled his senses. He slowly turned his head around, hypnotized by the crimson rivers flowing down her pristine arm from the self-inflicted wound.

He let out a shaky sigh, his expression showing pure euphoria at the sight of her blood. He slowly released the man, letting him fall to the ground, so that he could fully face the girl a few feet away from him.

"...Damn you, iubita mea..." He slurred in a drunken like state as he walked toward her, reaching for her bleeding arm. He took hold of her arm gently caressing the skin. He ogled at the blood in awe and leisurely sucked a blood-covered finger into his mouth. He moaned in ecstasy at the taste.

" You know I can't resist this...resist you." He growled slowly licking the crimson nectar from her palm then sliding his tongue down her forearm.

"Your blood is so much more heady than any other's...this lovely color...this wonderful smell... this tantalizing taste..."

His tongue finally reached the open wound and licked it clean, healing it completely in the progress. They looked into each other's eyes, his dark nearly black orbs staring into her golden green ones.

"It's all so beautiful."

He smashed his lips to hers, Sharing a intimate kiss laced in blood.

SUMMARY

For vampires, drinking the blood of a human is normal, drinking the blood of an animal is vegetarian, and drinking the blood of a werewolf or faery or any mythical creature is fine dining.

However, drinking the blood of a witch/wiccan without her consent is the ultimate taboo, despite it being the greatest of delicacies to vampires.

Venus de Ravin is a Wiccan and is known far and wide for her magickal charms and spells. Whether it's a charm for aid in love, a spell for protection, a confidence potion or even an enchanted apple, Venus is the witch to see. Unless you are looking for a love spell to make someone fall in love with you, then she will show you the door. No matter how much of a romantic Venus is(despite never experiencing romance herself), she will never give anyone a love spell. Forcing someone to love you by using magick is not true love.

One evening, after a hard day's work of making smudge sticks, enchanted jewelry, and luck in love apple pie, two men show up at her door requiring her services.

Venus allows them to elaborate, but refuses to give them entry to her home.

They were vampires after all.

 Apparently, their master, who lives in Romania, Ares ca Tradat is in need of a new sun protection ring since the magick of his current ring is wearing off (it is a few centuries old so that's not surprising), he also has a few requests on some charms and enchanted objects. Venus is reluctant at first since Ares is known for being sadistic and literally bloodthirsty, but her business side and love for love and travel convinces her to go otherwise.

When she arrives she is treated like a royal guest, but she still notices the hungry stares from the aristocratic vampires and servants directed at her. Venus is unsettled but when she meets Ares her anxiety goes through the roof. A incredibly handsome, suave, and dominating royal vampire with a heart stopping Romanian accent is not good for her blood pressure or heart.

But what happens catches scent of Venus's blood and refuses to let her leave his domain.