Chapter 17

Danita's POV

As we headed back inside Amber took hold of my shoulder and when I came to face her, she just gave me a knowing smile in which I returned with my deepest gratitude.

My bestfriend really never failed to be there for me. And that's what I'm grateful for. But sadly, as of the moment I would rather embrace the pain as if it is the only pain I have ever felt.

"Hey. Don't be like that Dani. C'mon let's skip the rest of the day." Amber keeps on cheering me up. Well I guess I can just let her feel that I'm thankful for her. So I just said okay and we're off.

We hopped on our own vehicles then drove of to the most welcoming place that we share with eachother, the tree house. To our private place we headed off, racing each other just for the sake of knowing who will reach the place first and because it's our first time to bring both cars.

Upon reaching the tree house we parked on opposite sides. Well of course I won the race that we just had. But it does not help with the pain that I'm feeling. And this feeling sucks big time!

Taking my stuffs from the passenger seat I hopped out of the car then headed up using the ladder. Upon entering the room I flopped on the cushion releasing a deep breath. Suddenly feeling so tired, my eye lids started to feel heavy and I started to drift off.

I dont know how long have I been asleep but I'm feeling much better now considering the state that my heart is in. But what have shocked me was the ghostly figure right infront of me.

Blinking hard trying to make sure that I'm not dreaming, the figure became more vivid. There in front of me is Amber standing fixed on the spot as if she's a statue. "Amber" I called out her name but didn't received any reply.

Then another noise came up from below. There where footsteps then the sound of gunshot and then there was this scary howl from a dog. I'm not sure if it's a dog but it sure sounds like one. So getting up from the bed I ask her what is happening.

"Shh!! Keep quiet!" Amber half shouted at me. As if she is trying her best to control her voice for her not to be heard from below. "What th-" I was about to ask her on what is happening when she came to cover my mouth. "Shhh!" She repeated again.

"I will let you go but you need to promise me that you'll stay quiet." She pleaded in whisper. Trying to understand the situation, I nodded which in return she slowly removed her hand from covering my mouth.

What was that about? I ask myself but then decided to go check for my own good. Walking towards the window Amber tried her best to stop me but was not able to since I pulled my hand off her grasp.

Nearing the window I could hear my heart starting to beat faster than normal. Then another shot came and another howl. "Shit" I heard from below. The voice sounded familiar, could it be him? Could it be my dad is the one running after this dog of some sort?

"Johnny, the girls are here." This time I'm pretty sure that that was Amber's dad. And my dad is down there with him trying to catch that dog.

Rushing to the window I looked out and called out "dad?-" But my voice was cut short because right there below me was this creature of some sort. The figure looks like almost a wolf? But have human parts? What the-

"No! Dani get back inside. Now!" My dad shouted and ordered at me. But I can't even move a muscle. The creature is staring at me and had started to move. I could feel my insides churn but still cannot move a muscle. Its as if my mucles were shocked as well.

"Shit! Dani." I heard dad said. And out of no where I was immediately pulled back inside the tree house. Turning around I saw Amber's face full of tears. She was scared but I am way out of it.