chapter 6

Sunday I finally got out of my bed and hung out with the guys but my heart wasn't really into it. I was still hurt over Kellin. I had been avoiding him all weekend. But then it was Monday and my first class of the day was English, which I shared with Kellin and Jamie.

"Vic we really have to go or we'll be late and Mr. Way is going to kill us." Jamie says as I'm tying my shoe.

"Maybe I'll skip then. I don't even want to go." I groan. I had been trying to get out of going to this class all morning but Jamie wasn't having any of my shit.

"Get the fuck up and stop complaining. We are going to class or I'll kick your ass." Jamie pauses and starts laughing.

"It rhymed! But it's still true so let's go."

I roll my eyes at his idiocy but follow him out the door. We enter the class and I keep my head down, avoiding Kellin's gaze. I don't even know what to say to him.

Class goes by agonizingly slow and I can't keep my eyes off Kellin. He was slumped down in his seat, his black hair messier than usual. Unlike last class, he wasn't animatedly jotting down notes. He was just sitting there, unmoving for the entire hour.

When class finally does let out, I attempt to make my escape unnoticed. Of course that doesn't work though.

"Vic wait up!" I hear a high pitched voice call after me. For a moment I consider acting as if I hadn't heard him and running to my room. But I know I need to put my mind at peace and figure this out with Kellin, so I stop and wait as he jogs up to me. He didn't look so good. Under his eyes were dark purple bags. He looked like he hasn't slept in days.

"Look Kellin-"I start with a sigh. I'm cut off though, as kellin crashes his lips against my own. I melt into the kiss immediately, resting my hands on his hips and pulling him closer. His lips part and again, his tongue brushes against mine, but this time he doesn't pull away. My fingers dig into his small hips and I back him against a wall as I kiss him hungrily. I had been craving this since the first day I met him. Too soon though, Kellin is pulling away.

"What was that?" I ask trying to catch my breath. We were still standing so close, with Kellin's back against the wall.

"I really like you Vic." Kellin says his cheeks flushed.

"But I thought-"

"I still don't know how I feel about kissing you. I just know that if it makes you feel better, I'll do it." Kellin says looking up at me with big blue innocent eyes. I started to feel like a jerk. I made Kellin feel like he has to kiss me for me to like him. I really am a dick.

"Look kellin," I sigh. "Don't do anything you're not comfortable with ok?"

"But-"he starts, his face forming an adorable pout. I really wanted to kiss him again, especially when he bit his lip.

"No its ok. I like you and if you want to take things slow its ok. I can settle for just talking and stuff ok?" I say, taking my hands from his hips only to lace our fingers together. Kellin's smile is so bright that I want to laugh. That smile made me feel stupid and fluttery inside.

"Really?" he asks biting his lip again, driving me insane.

"Yes really. But if you keep biting your lip like that it's going to be very hard to resist kissing you" I say only half joking.

Kellin laughs and throws his arms around my waist in a tight hug.

After our little talk Kellin and I hung out in his room for a while not touching, just talking and enjoying each other's company. Eventually though, I had to go to history.