The important thing is trying to convince him to leave without her. It would be difficult but she had to try.

She would leave and try to return without Reynaud suspecting anything. She has been to town alone before and she can go again.

She finished getting dressed and turned to leave quickly. Since Reynaud took off with her uncle to vo hunting it would give her plenty of time to leave and return.

Nervously, she approached Pierre a shy young footman that would aparantly do anything for her. He was smitten by her so much she wondered to what great lengths he would go to oblige her. This was the moment to test it.

With a coy bow, he scurried off to do her bidding and in no time a small carriage appeared before her. In no time at her request he drove her to town with no definite mention of her destination.

She arrived in town and watched as different patrons walked idly by enjoying their day. Lowering her head she waited for the carriage to leave she turned to look at the inn where Adrian was staying.

In no time she found herself knocking on his door.

After seeing Caroline, Arlington and Montgomery she watched them leave.

Now she stood before him alone.

Her eyes raised slowly to his and her breath caughtvin her lungs. He looked so handsome, so rakish, so...everything she desired and missed about him.

She took in his stance. Unsure of what to do. Her confidence slipped and she averted her gaze the moment he stepped forward and stood before her. With two fingers he tilted her chin up gently so their eyes could meet. Her breath caught in her throat as his incredibly vibrant grey eyes captured hers.

"I feared.... I would never see you again," he whispered.

Silence gripped her throat.

He continued to search her gaze. "Why did you leave with him. What did he do to convince you to leave?"

She shook her head unable to answer. Even if she wanted to. She could not.

She refused to meet his gaze.
"Answer me please. Did you want to leave with him was that it?" he grabbed her arms.

His grip tightened as she still refused to speak.
"Answer me," he demanded in a harsh whisper.

"Please...you don't understand," she lowered her head.

"Then make me understand, Eva," rage swarmed within him. Her pulse thumped in her ears as his glare turned furious.

Her lips quivered as she fought not to crumble in his hold. But he pressed further only to get a tear-filled reply he did not want to hear.

" I had no choice," her tears fell as she tried to pull away.

"No choice Eva!" he echoed incredulously.

"You had a choice. To trust me and my love for you. But you left without a word-not one single, damned word. And what is worse is you left with him," he shouted angrily.

The emotions welling up in her could not be denied. Guilt, remorse, sorrow, anger and an immense need to just cry.
"I must go," she realized immediately she had stayed too long and quickly pulled out of his grasp and walked towards the door.

But it was too late. He had reached the door and held it closed. His arms settled one on each side of her. He'd boxed her in.

Her legs began to shake so badly as her back pressed to the door that held her in place.
"Let me go," panick changed to tears as she struggled against him.