Chapter 4

Colbies POV:

"I've known your brother since he was 18. I'm actually only 21. So he's, gosh." Kaden brushed his brown hair with his fingers. "Skyler is what, 26? I believe so."

It was surprisingly chilly out for being in Florida. "Is it always this cold here?"

Kaden chuckled slightly. He had a cute laugh, "not always. You just caught a bad night to leave the house in a dress and no jacket."

He was right, Abby never gave me a jacket to wear over the dress. Even though it was cute, the light pink dress would look better with a leather jacket. "Thats not my fault, its Abigals." She told me to show off my arms and that a sleeveless dress would make me look older.

"She's crazy sometimes," he began to remove his jacket. "But lucky enough, I'm a nice guy, and will let you wear mine until we get home." A smile spread on his face.

I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that this reminded me of every chick-flick I've ever seen. "What is this, a cheesy first date? You know, where the guy lets the girl wear his jacket and then when he reaches for his jacket at her house, he goes into kiss her."

He shook his head, "I'll have you know I've only done that once. And Colbie, you're 16, right? I'm not kissing my best friends 16 year old little sister."

I shrugged my shoulders, feeling awkward for joking around. "I was being facetious, Kaden."

"Someone has a large vocabulary. Facetious." He pondered for a moment before raising a finger in the air, "sarcastic?"

To add dramatic effect, I softly clapped my hands, "correct."

We were about five minutes from the house and it couldn't have been more perfect because I was exhausted and could barely walk any farther. "And about the cheesy first date idea, if you were 2 years older, that totally would have happened." He was a few feet ahead of me and I could tell he was trying to sound cocky. He even added a fancy walk to it to help the part.

"Oh really now. Well what if I wouldn't have took the jacket, then what would you have done?" After saying that, I realized I dug myself into a deeper hole and that he would probably say I was just a teenager and it would never realistically happen.

I heard him hum slightly, as he began to walk up the stairs of the large apartment complex Skyler and he lived in. "Well, I would try to hug you at the end of the date, then when you pulled away, I would have pulled you back into a kiss," he reached into his back pocket for his keys, "keys are in my jacket."

He was a total goofball. "Here." After reaching into the pockets, I handed him the set of keys.

Kaden fumbled with them for a moment, then pushed a key into the lock, then opening the door to the dark kitchen and Wrigley sitting on the welcome mat. "And by you, I mean the girl that I went on a date with. I'm not going to kiss you, because thats illegal." He smirked and set the keys on the counter. As he walked into the living room, he flipped on the light switch and rubbed Wrigleys head as he walked behind him.

"Its going to be joy living with you," I added extra sarcasm to my words. "Goodnight, Kaden. Thanks for the, interesting, walk home."

I was almost about to reach for the handel on my bedroom door when I heard him plop on the couch, "night, Colb." The sound of the TV flicked, "oh, and you wouldn't have turned down my jacket. No girl turns down a jacket."

I chuckled to my self as I turn the light on in my room. He never took back his jacket, so I decided to keep it until he mentioned it.

The next morning, I could smell coffee and bacon even though my door was closed and my room was one of the farthest back from the kitchen. As a quick reaction to the delicious smells, I rolled over, but was disapointed because I was laying closer to the edge of the bed than I had hoped. I felt a hard crack and there was a loud thump as I hit the hardwood floor. Did that really just happen? Shaking off the embarrassing moment that just occured, I stood up and straighted out my ribbed tank top and made sure I looked decent. My hair was still in a sloppy bun, like I put it in when I got back last night.

Once I got into the kitchen, I was met by Skyler drinking coffee from a mug that said 'Real Men Drive Fords' and Kaden who was streching and scratching his stomach. He was about to reach for the fridge door when I entered the room and he focused onto me. "That loud bump, was that the guy you snuck in last night climbing onto the balcony?" He thought it was funny, but I played along with it so they didn't know I fell out of bed.

"Yeah, when did yours leave?" Skyler let out an Oooo, high fiving me as I walked to the coffee pot. 

He seemed embarrassed, "you're the only person I brought home last night, when should I call a cab, or will you be walking?" And then another audience noise came from Skyler who was almost dying of laughter. "I'm kidding," he tried to touch my shoulder for comfort.

"Asshole," as soon as I said the word, Skyler set his coffee down like a worried parent.

He cut into our bloodbath, holding  my away from Kaden, "lady, Kaden," he was still laughing, "back to your corners." Then Skyler got into a serious mode and picked his coffee back up, "so what are your plans for today, Colbie?"

What was there to do in Flordia? "I have no idea." I shrugged and proceeded to pour a cup of coffee for myself. "Where Abby?" Although it didn't really matter to me.

"You guys are going shopping, aren't you?" I totally forgot about it. "Well she had to go to work, shes a model. She'll be back later." I knew she looked familiar to me. "Since the school here is on break for Thanksgiving, which is next week, and it is halfway through the school year, you'll probably have to wait to enroll until the next school year, so you'll have to keep busy."

Skyler wasn't at all what I'd expected. I thought he would be careless, a druggie or alcoholic, and played music. But even though he did drink sometimes, he had a good life. He even cared about me going to school. I sighed, "well I guess I could get a job until then, so I could buy things for myself."

He rolled his eyes, "trust me, you aren't getting a job just to buy things for yourself." Here comes the speech, "just because I'm your brother, doesn't mean you'll get to do whatever. I want you to get good grades in school and have a job. Having a job will teach you responsibility, plus its expensive down here and you'll have to chip in for things sometimes. Expecially taking care of Wrigley because I work a lot."

"What do you do?" Hopefully he'd be around often, because I didn't want to be alone with Abby and Kaden all the time.

It was going on 8, I thought it was a lot later. "Well I do landscaping and work part time for a construction company. And Kaden is a bum and doesn't have a job anymore."

"Not my fault the recession is bad. I got laid off, you can actually come job hunting with me tomorrow, if you want." That actually sounded like a good idea.

**Authors note**

tadaa! Fourth chapter, done! Sorry about the lack of updating, I was busy this week. I'll try to keep a constant updating time. Every few days. I'm acutally working on the next chapter now. I actually was done this chapter a few days ago and right when I was uploading it, my sister said that we were leaving for ice cream, and I shut my computer and it never uploaded. :o I'm getting a new one for my birthday hopefully, so it loads a lot faster then. :) Thanks again for reading, hope you like it.