Chapter three

Colbie's POV:

"This is my room," Skyler motioned in front of him to the large room in front of us. He continued down the long hallway. "This is Kadens room, he doesn't like anyone in here." Kaden was apparently Skyler's childhood bestfriend, and now they were roommates. "And last but not least, this is your room." He smiled and placed his arm around my neck. "I'll let you get settled." Once he was gone, I set my suitcase and purse on my bed and admired the openness of the room.

The room was a light green and had a lot of natural light from the large windows that spanned across almost a whole wall. It must have cost a fortune. "I'm glad there's another girl that will be living here now." Abby had a soft voice. She reminded me of Jareds little sister. "Why don't I help you get settled in." She smiled and walked towards me.

I unzipped and flipped my suitcase open and started unfolding, to fold the clothes again. I really didn't bring a whole bunch of them. "Thank you," I pushed one of the dresser drawers closed and returned to my suitcase. "Thank you for pushing Skyler to come to Ohio. If he's anything like my dad, without someone to push him, he wouldn't have done it." I chuckled to myself for a second or two.

"You really didn't bring that much." She bit her lip, "tomorrow, lets go shopping. My treat." Her teeth were extremely white, almost unnatural. It was crazy. She picked up the shoes that I sat in the bottom of my blue suitcase and placed them neatly in the large closet.

"You don't need to do that, Abby."

She stood up and opened the door. "Its my way of saying, welcome." Abby was slightly taller than me.

"I see you guys got a little more acquainted," Skyler was standing in the kitchen, "but you haven't met our dog."

A dog? "I love dogs." I smiled.

Kaden who was sitting in the living room, let out a loud and obnoxious laugh. "You haven't met Wrigley." Skyler was holding him back, then let his collar go.

"Hello," Wrigley, who was a German shepherd, jumped up at me and started to lick my face.

"First I've seen him get that close to a stranger." Abby said, pulling her long brown hair out of her face.

Wrigley was the sweetest dog I've ever met. "He's a kisser." Everyone laughed.

"Well if you guys are ready, we can head out soon." Skyler reached his arms above his head and stretched.

Kaden stood up, "I'm ready." He was dressed similarly to Skyler, jeans and a nice shirt.

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

Skyler was the quickest to answer, "Friday night, our friends have a party. And you're going."

Abby pushed me down the hall, "I'll help you get ready."

Skyler's POV:

I had my arm around Abigal's waist, while Kaden was keeping his eye on Colbie. Even though she was only 16, there wasn't going to be hardcore drugs or sex at this party. "Colbie, this is Tyler, he's one of our good friends, and this is his house." Colbie looked exhausted, we all were. But Tyler, threw great parties.

"Nice to meet you," Tyler reached his hand out to Colbie.

I could tell she was shy, "you too."

"You guys know where the kitchen and everything is, there's beer in there and the pool and hot tubs open." Then Tyler disappeared into the semi-crowded living room. 

And with that, I decided to be the leader for the night. "Keep an eye on Colbie," I pointed to Kaden. Even though she was my  sister, I had Abby to please. Also, most of the people here were more of Kaden's friends. So he knew them more than I did. "Let's leave around 12," Kaden started to gently push Colbie towards the crowd, but I stopped them quickly, "and Colbie, if you drink, don't leave Kaden." With a quick grin, they were gone.

Abby grabbed my hand, "they grow up so fast." She laughed and pulled me towards the kitchen.

"Really now?" I accepted the beer she grabbed from the cooler. "When did Colbie age 10 years?" She was joking, so I decided to play along. "Even though Kaden acts 16, careless, immature, and perverted, I'm pretty sure that's illegal, Darling."

She turned her nose in the air, "ha-ha. You're hilarious." Abby said with almost a straight face.

"I really hope he watches her." It was true, I barely knew her. But she was my sister.

"He will. No ones going to touch her when they find out she's that young." Abby was right, most of the people here were over 21 or were in a relationship, no one would bother her.

I shrugged, "lets go out back. I'm pretty sure Tyler has something grilling."

Colbie's POV:

Kaden was watching me as I picked up some of the CD's that were sitting on the coffee table. "You like music, don't you?" He said, while I made faces at the music choices.

I lifted my arms up slightly, "I-I," I sat the Nickelback, Lana Del Ray, and The Beatles CDs down. "I love music. But when its this kind of music, I just offended. I mean The Beatles are always peoples favorites, but I'm not a fan. They're too overrated. Yes they had some talent, but it ruins music for me when they get acknowledgement they don't deserve."

He was in awe, "really now. I think you just say that because you aren't famous like they were."

"That's what you think? I'll have you know, I don't like them because everyone likes them. They aren't even that great. And I don't want to be famous. Being constantly harassed by paparazzi, people screaming your music badly, and having to deal with the press, I'm envious." I rolled my eyes and took a sip of the beer he offered me earlier. "If you want some good music, listen to Pink Floyd, CCR, The Who, The Doors. And if you want some more recent music, try Rise Against, Paramore, and Muse. But if you want some pop music, try Bruno Mars and Maroon 5." I crossed my arms and stared at him.

It was incredible how just a few words could make one guy get so interested. "I admire that you can name some great rock bands." He had a great smile.

"Well my dad always listened to rock music." I stood up, "Its almost 11. I'm exhausted."

Kaden joined me. "Then lets go. I'll walk you home." Walk me home? "We just need to tell your brother. He usually wants to stay later, that's why we're walking."

**Authors note**

Okay guys, there it is. CHAPTER 3. its not too long. But the chapters will be getting longer as we progress. As always, if you guys enjoy this, let me know, and tell me if there are any mistakes in it. I love that. also, the next chapter will be out in a day or so. And let me know what music you guys like!