A Boyfriend Like Him

Start from the beginning

"Hmm, what?" He asked, finally waking up properly enough to lift his head. "No, more sleep please," He mumbled, resting his head back on the pillow, his eyes still closed.

"Oh my god, I hate you," I sighed, throwing his hand off me and sitting up properly in the small bed.

"You say such sweet things to me in the morning," He murmured, smiling into the pillow.

"And you're handsy as hell and hard as a rock," I rolled my eyes and watched a small smile that graced his tired lips turn into a devilish grin.

"Well, you cosy up to me and you have boobies, I can't help where they roam in the night," he peaked at me with one eye, still wearing the smirk. His light hair was sticking out every which way and the pillow had left lines on his handsome tanned face.

"You're a mess, Cadley," I told him curtly as I picked up my phone to check it. He set his head on his hand and stretched out his muscular body while yawning, next to me.

"But I'm a hot mess and don't you forget it," He grinned, poking my arm.

"Whatever you say," I rolled my eyes. "Have you heard of any jobs going around here lately?" I asked him.

"I'd offer you a job as my maid, but you can't pull off the elderly sultry look that Consuela does," He shrugged and I pushed his head back down into the pillow as he laughed.

"Stop it, I'm serious," I told him. "My parents expect me to get a job to start covering some of my personal expenses while I'm here."

"Well actually, I think they're looking for a casual admin person at my gym," He murmured.

"Do I look the type to be working at the gym?" I asked, raising an eyebrow and a slight panic crossed his face.

"That's you asking if you're skinny right? I, as a male, am not supposed to answer honestly, right?" he demanded, looking panicked.

"Oh ha. Ha." I rolled my eyes. "I'm fully aware I don't have a six pack and an ass that could crack a walnut."

"At least we are both aware of it then, pudgy," He murmured, looking me up and down with disgust.

"Shut up, or I'll smother you with my pudge. I'm sorry that I enjoy sleeping more than getting up at the butt crack of dawn to go grunt and throw heavy things nowhere in particular." He laughed as I glared at him.

"You would be happy to know then that they will keep you in a darkened room that holds no exercise equipment and throw you a couple fish heads every now and then as a treat," He grinned and I continued glaring.

"You're so mean," I muttered and he fell back on the bed sighing.

"Fine, fine. I'm mean, I'll let someone else get your job at the gym and will never help you ever again," He rolled his eyes dramatically, laying his toned forearm over his eyes. "But seriously," He sat back up grinning, "I was speaking to the owner of the gym about it yesterday, He just needs some podgy little brunette to file some things a couple of hours a week and maybe wipe a few pieces of equipment down with the trainers after it closes. If I had of known you, as a podgy brunette, needed a casual job I would have told him about you," He was grinning as he spoke and we both knew I wanted to wipe that smile off his face.

"I get it, I'm podgy," I glared at him.

"...and brunette," He added, still grinning.

"I hate you," I continued to glare him down.

"All sorted then, I'll message Toby now," He reached over for his phone and threw the cover back to hop out of the bed. "Going for a piss, be back," He told me as he pulled on tracksuit pants over his boxers and grabbed a shirt as he opened the door and closed it behind him after he had stepped out into the hallway.

A couple minutes later, I was putting my jumper back over my head when the door to the room opened. A brunette, scruffy haired boy walked in and stopped at the sight of me. He was average height and the black shirt he had on looked old and too big for him.

"Glad I didn't come home last night," He muttered under his breath and continued on his way. I watched him as dumped his backpack on his bed. "If you're waiting around for him to come back, he's probably avoiding the room waiting for you to leave. You hooked up with a player last night," Taylor's roommate threw over his shoulder. "He's an asshole that way."

"I didn't hook up with Taylor last night," I told the boy who was obviously sick of Taylor's humping and dumping.

"If that's what you want everyone to believe..." He sighed. "Just don't start crying until after you're gone. I won't hug you." I looked at him with amusement.

"Bitter, much?" I laughed at him and he glanced at me with a smirk.

"Trying being his roommate and not be bitter, he's a player and his bed is never empty for long. I like having my own personal space, it makes it hard," He sighed. "But anyway, you're in my way. Taylor won't be coming back. You should really get going on your walk of shame," He motioned with his hands towards the door, basically shooing me out of the room. I backed onto the bed from the edge and crossed my legs.

"I'm good here thanks," I told him trying not to sound too arrogant and he rolled his eyes just as Taylor walked back into the room. His roommate looked from me to Taylor and back to me as I smiled sweetly in a 'see, I was right' Sort of way.

"'Sup Blake?" Taylor asked as he spotted him on his side of the room.

"Nothing," Blake responded and turned around again to continue to unpack his back pack.

"Blake here, was just telling me to leave because you weren't going to come back after we hooked up last night," I told Taylor who laughed as I watched the only cheek I could see of Blake's redden from embarrassment.

"Hook up? Ew," Taylor pulled a face at me.

"Back at you," I replied, giving him the same face.

"Sorry," Blake murmured towards me, with a shrug.