[1]

>>>>>

The loud ring of the siren rung throughout the sky box, snapping me out of my never ending thoughts. The sound of commotion and yells from outside of my cell made my curiosity grow intensely.

The door suddenly opened and in walked two guards, one carrying a small box. "What is this?" I asked trying to mask the slight fear in my voice. "Prisoner 841, please move to the wall" the guard instructed calmly.

I shook my head in  slight protest, "No. It isn't my time. I don't turn 18 for another two weeks", but I still comply with the orders given. They both stay silent and I listen intently to the commotion outside. Are they executing us all?

A sharp pain shoots through my wrist but in an instant its gone. Looking down, I note the small silver wristband now attached to my arm. The two guards quickly escort me outside and that's when I see the mass of prisoners being escorted from their cells. So it is a mass execution. 

Without thinking twice I bring my elbow back into the stomach of one guard, a load groan escaping his mouth and kicking the knee out from the other, making him fall to the floor. Taking the chance, I bolt down the row of cells, past prisoners and guards whom shout at me to stop.

No way in hell am I going to stop. I turn the corner and crash into a hard body. Looking up I see its my dad...Marcus Kane. "Dad! Why are they doing this? Whats going on? The Chancellor...he's killing us all isnt he?"

He grabs onto my shoulders firmly, "Holland! Calm down! They're not executing you"

"Then what is it?" I demand, raising me voice.

He looks at me worried, "They are sending you to the ground."

"How is the even possible? Its been 97 years-"

"We don't know if its survivable, but all 100 of you are being sent down to earth to see if it is" he explains trying to calm me down which doesn't work.

I take a deep breath trying to take in everything. We are actually going to the ground. My dad looks up at something behind me and nods and before I could even react, what I assume is a needle is jabbed into my neck.

In an instant I feel drowsy and I fall into my dads arms, "Be safe and may we meet again" he whispers before I fall into a deep sleep.

+++

Ugh, I feel like shit. I keep my eyes closed, not wanting to be disturbed.

A familiar machine hum fills the air and I can hear quiet chatter among-st other people. Where am I?

"Isn't that Kane's daughter?"

"The one who-"

"Hey! Shut up" I interrupt, making whoever was talking shut up immediately. I'd rather not have people spreading false rumors about how I ended up in the sky box.

I open my eyes slowly, glancing around. The walls of what I assume is a drop ship is lined with seats, all of them being occupied by people. I recognize a few faces like John Murphy and Nathan Miller, whom I used to play with as a kid, but the lighting made it hard to see.

"Look who's finally up" a familiar voice says.

Next to me sits Finn Collins, my all time best friend, the one who got locked up for using a months worth of oxygen on an illegal spacewalk. My mood instantly lightens, a smile spreading on my face.

"Can you believe it. We are actually going to the ground" I say it in awe but slight worry, we could easily die as soon as we land.