Chapter 4 | Orange Tide

I Know What Rhymes With Orange

Chapter 4

Orange Tide

I can't do it. I can't stay in this house anymore. The medication only makes the already haunting tranquil silence in this house multiply and creates this buzzing feeling in the air. I've tried listening to music, blasting it through my ipod dock, but still the feeling at the pit of my stomach still lies there.

I stiffly sit up in bed and a storm of brown hair cascades over my face. I flip the strands of hair out of my face with my hands while scooting off of my bed. I check the time on my watch and groan, in four more hours it'll be an acceptable time to go to bed, but in the meantime I have absolutely nothing to do.

A yawn relinquishes itself out of my body right as I stand to stretch, eyes closed. I open my eyes to see the lens of my camera greeting me. A smile crawls upon my face as I race towards it and stuff it into it's respective bag. Throwing open my room door I run down the hall chasing the stairs one at a time. At the bottom I hear the sound of the television softly playing from the living room. In an effort of trying to avoid running into my parents I quickly decided to use the back entrance to the house. Luckily I make it out without being caught by either of them.

I walk around the side of my house and realize much too late that I have no form of transportation to get me to where I need to go. I come to a stop and huff as I realize my stupid mistake. I look around at my surroundings searching for a possible solution to my dilemma. Then I see it; my "Knight in Shining Armour", well rather my bike in shining steel, but you know the metaphor still stands.

I ride my bike with my satchel strapped across my body as I pump my legs as fast as I can. Even though riding a bike to the docs would probably take twice as long as it would have taken using a car or even a bus for that matter, I had no choice. I don't mind much either. I enjoy feeling the wind run it's fingers through my hair, as the spirit of the sea caresses my whole body pulling me closer and closer towards it.

Arriving at the docks right on time, I quickly chain my bike to the outside of the already filled and cluttered biking rack. I stumble down the mini hill cloaked in beach sand, as I aim my body towards the secluded part of the beach that is littered with huge chunky boulders.

I slow my pace as I notice a couple sitting on top of one of the oversized rocks. The sun setting right in front of them as they cuddle to watch its depart. I start to unzip my camera bag without breaking their gaze. I try pulling out the sleek body of my camera but something was making it difficult. I groaned as I noticed the perfect shot was slowly slipping away. I groan frustrated as I look down at the battle my hands were having with my camera against it's carrier. Quickly finding the problem I unzip the bag wider and quickly popped the lens cap off the lens. I start to aim my camera at the couple while flipping it's power switch. I know I don't have to worry about the ISO settings or the other fancy stuff required for a perfect shot, because the last time I used it I was here at the same time with the same kind of lighting.

Looking through my viewfinder I was about to press the shutter button before I realized that the couple was gone. Confused I bring the camera back down to my chest. My camera was in fact not deceiving me, the two people who were sat on top of an abnormal sized rock are in fact gone.

I scrunch up my face and put the camera strap around my neck. Confusion is all that I'm feeling right now. I don't understand. Had I imagined those two people? That's impossible though, I couldn't have. The only hallucinations I have are of Sam, plus I'm on my meds right now so it can't have been my mind. Maybe these people just have super fast cheetah type speed and left before I noticed. Or maybe I was hallucinating. My body hasn't been used to these medications yet, so maybe just maybe I am having an episode, but why? Why these people? Why now?