Chapter 20- Mentor

Start bij het begin

This could also be my last time seeing Zlatan play, I owe it to him to go watch his game.

"Alright well, enough talking, I've got to get back to practicing. But if you'd like...you can join us." He invited. Me? He just invited me to practice with the rest of the team!

"Of course! I'd love to!" I happily accepted, immediately getting up.

"And go easy, not everyone here is as young as you are." He joked.

I nodded and took off to the practice field, waiting for him to follow behind me.

--- (1 hour Later)

"Zack when did you get so good? The last time we played you were almost like a beginner

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Zack when did you get so good? The last time we played you were almost like a beginner. Now you're nearly playing like pro." He smiled.

"Am I?" I questioned rather oddly.

"Yea, speed and stamina must be your forte, because once you had the ball it was hard to take it away, you were already running down the field with it." Cristiano laughed.

"Is that something Zlatan helped you out with?" He asked.

"Not really...Zlatan only taught me a little." I answered back.

"It's weird that he even considered training you in the first place. The Zlatan I know doesn't do favors for anyone unless it's important." He mentioned as he finished putting his gear in his bag and walked to the car.

Is he serious? Zlatan doesn't seem like that kind of guy... But the more I thought about it, the more Cristiano's words sounded true to my ear. And THAT made me think on an even deeper level.

What's Zlatan thinking?

But I realized something, "something" that if I told ANYONE they'd probably laugh in my face and call me a liar. So I'm just going to have to ask Zlatan myself...

--- (On the way to the game)

Being rather secluded in my thoughts, I looked outside the car window. I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Are you alright Zack? You seem a bit nervous." James asked.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.