Chapter 21- Extracurricular pt.1

"Hey, good luck today...alright? I know you'll do well. Oh, and if you think I'm mad about what happened Sunday night...I'm not, I just want to see you do well, is all. Just keep a cool head, like always. Anyway, I'll see you tonight, ok?" I knocked on the door of Neymar's hotel room, and left, taking the elevator down to the first floor and into the lounging area. Can't say I was actually expecting a reply...

"Did he answer?" David asked. I shook my head, not really saying anything.

"....Don't worry about it. He can't stay in there all day." Marcelo joked.

"How about you head back already, we'll take it from here. You should take a break" David suggested. I looked down, being little depressed by how easy he pointed it out. These games are taking a bigger toll on me than I thought...

"Go rest Zack." Marcelo put his hand on my shoulder. "

I will...good luck, you guys." I waved and left the building.

--- (In the city)

I walked down the sidewalks with my hands in the pockets of my jacket

I walked down the sidewalks with my hands in the pockets of my jacket. It was cold outside, like clearing my thoughts but I wasn't finding it easy to do so... I wanted to talk to Cristiano, but like always, he's spending time with Jeanne... I sat down at a nearby bench to take a break and as I scrolled through the contacts on my phone slowly I hovered over... 'Maria'. I wonder how she's doing...if she's alright, if she's at least happy. I'd feel better, at least knowing something...I miss her a lot. But Marc...if you break her heart, I'll break yours... As I scrolled back up, another name highlighted in my mind and on my screen. Isco. He's the only person in my phone who I haven't called or texted yet. Should I...call? Or text? But what if Marc is there too?

"No, Im not doing it!" I turned off the screen.

A few minutes passed as I sat on the bench. 

I turned my phone on again to see that Isco's name was still I highlighted... The more I thought about it, the more I agreed. This is more about me than it is Marc. I clicked, and called. I waited, and waited, and waited for a pick up.

"Zack! How's is everything?" I heard him answer.

"Hey Isco. I'm fine, just walking around the city." I smiled a bit, being kind of happy that he answered.

"...Um, want to...hangout, for the day? I understand if you're busy." I shyly asked.

"Of course! Actually, how about you come over to the hotel that we're at? I'll send the location." He agreed.

"Yea sure! I'll be on my way once I get it." I beamed.

"Cool." He replied, hanging up.

It took a few minutes, but I received the location. It wasn't too far, but at same time it wasn't too close either.

"Here I come." I said as I started running.

--- (45 mins later, Afternoon)

Here I am at the --- WHAT THE HELL!??