Chapter 16- Desperate Struggle pt.2

Start from the beginning

"Shut up about that!" Marc nearly snapped at me. Looks like I touched a nerve.

"When all of this is over, then what? I don't know what delusional world you're living in right now, but you need to wake up! Whatever you two had is gone, and when all of this is said and done Maria is going to get hurt and feel stupid for having ever trusted you." I finished my statement.

"You don't know that!" He looked down at the table.

"Says the guy whose relationship has the media's attention. You break that, and it won't look good, you'll be called a liar and a cheater." I rubbed it in his face and he stayed silent. Not even trying to fight back anymore, he knows I'm right.

"I'm done here, you get the point." I got up from the table about to leave.

"Neymar, wait." Marc called out to me. But I stopped him again.

"Oh, and one more thing? If I find out you beat up on Zack again, you'll have me to deal with. I'd advise you to keep your hands to yourself next time." I said walking away.

Pique passed by me, heading back to the table. Generally, I don't like to show my serious side to anyone, but if it gets the message across, so be it. As I walking across the dinner room, I stepped outside to the dining area outside so I could call Zack in private.

"Hey Zack, how's everything going bro?" I asked. "Pretty----Well---- I guess." He said as if he were rushing.

"What's wrong? You sound like you're out of breath. Is the waiter job too much? Not enough tips?" I joked with him.

"No! It's Sergio! He realized who I was and is torturing me by having me bring various things to his table." He explained.

"Ouch bro, see this is why I'm a futebol player." I said, feeling good about my profession.

"That doesn't sound so bad to be honest. I don't think I'd want a job like this..." he chuckled.

"You think I could actually do it? Play the sport professionally I mean?" he asked me.

"If you put your mind to it of course you can." I told him.

"That's good to know... Soo any sign of Maria yet?" he asked.

"Not yet bro. Keep your eyes open though." I instructed him.

"Of course. Now if you don't mind, I'll be getting back to being tortured..." he dreaded, silencing the phone line. I stepped back inside.

"Hey Neymar! Over here!" I heard someone call to me.

Walking closer I realized that and it was just Marcelo, sitting with Isco, Dani Carvajal, and Nacho, some of the Real Madrid guys.

"Just in time too! I was about to tell these guys about Zack." He said, bringing me into the conversation.

"Oh really? What about him?" I asked.

"There's a rumor going around that the president of the Barcelona team has his eyes on him." Dani revealed.

"What are you serious?" I was shocked, is that true?

"Yea, a guy standing about your height, with a less than average build, and very light brown hair." Isco said pointing to me. They can't be making this up then...

"Yea that sounds like him... Zack has the talent, but I don't think he realizes it yet." I told them.

"He just needs to practice a lot, he'll get it." Dani said before he continued eating his food.

"He's still young too, he's only 21, so there's room for improvement." I informed them.

"But he's Cristiano's brother! He should be on our team." Marcelo spoke up.