// chapter five //

A/N: I am so sorry for the long wait. I got sick of not writting and I don't really like where I was taking my fairy tail fanfic. Also, seeing how everyone is STILL supporting the book even through its hiatus makes me so happy! This won't be exact, because sadly I still haven't played fabel three, and also I started this chapter shortly before the hiatus so I'll just take it as it goes. Enjoy and huzzah for no more hiatus!~ Oh and I'm thinking of maybe doing a q and a on this book, is that something you would enjoy? Yes? No? Maybe? Perhaps? Well, as good old Walter would say, BALLS. Okay back to the story~

Garth's POV

It's been a few days, and Page's patience was wearing thin. No one had heard from Rose, and we had just heard news that Page's men had been captured by Reaver. "Either we go without her or we risk him killing my men!" Page yelled. Her and Ben had been going at it since we showed up without Rose.

"She's all we've got, Page! Without her we only have half of the Hero like Walter said!" Ben screamed back. I could only imagine how red his face must be from screaming as I leaned against the wall. It reminded me of when I was younger and heard my mother and father fighting.

"Sparrow how many times have I told you! Without your siblings you're only a third hero!" My father shouted. Rose sat beside the fireplace, tracing pictures in the bit of ash build up.

"I don't care! They're both dead and gone, William! How am I suppose to stand by and watch people get hurt?! Lucien is gone but the threat is not!" Mother screamed back, distress and anger clear.

"Oh for gods sake I swear you're still stuck in your Spire days. Love, there is not a single threat you must go after on your own!" Father yelled, causing my mother to only get angrier.

"I told you to never bring that up! You know how much it hurt to have to torture my own sister and other innocent people! I had to murder my only friend!" She yelled, I could tell she was crying, now.

"ENOUGH!" Logan's voice boomed. I saw him run out of the room Rose and I were in and soon Mother came in and hugged Rose and I. That was the last day we saw them alive.

"Garth!" I heard Elise yell as I came from my thoughts.

"Hm? Oh, what's wrong?" I asked, noticing how upset she was.

"Reaver has Rose. He sent word that we have a week or he turns her over to Logan along with Page's men." She whimpered, tears falling fast. "Ben's already planning but we need you. I don't believe that rubbish about you being weak on your own. I know you, and I know Rose. You two are stronger both alone and together." She said, trying to calm herself down. I hugged her tight, picking her up and carrying her to Page's quarters so we could plan our attack.

A few days later we were dressed in Masquerade outfits, on our way to Reaver's weekly party. As we stepped inside I could sense Rose instantly and noticed how Ben tensed, glaring at everything around us. Reaver's servant greeted us and led us to where Reaver was, and as we walked in I saw my sister stood beside the evil man himself, the most emotionless, dead look in her eyes. Page's men were in a cage dangling above us, causing Page to shout in annoyance. "Let them go!" She yelled. Ben stared right at Rose, and when she couldn't even look at me I knew he had done something to her.

"What have you done to her?" I growled, my Will lines glowing as my anger increased.

"All will be answered if you can pass my tests." Reaver said with a smirk as he directed our attention to a giant wheel with different pictures of different Enemies.

"This'll be fun." Ben remarked sarcastically.

After a long fight with every enemy Reaver threw at us we heard clapping from the balcony. Glaring up at first, my facial expression changed when I saw Rose knocked out, Reaver holding her over his shoulder. "You bloody perverted old man give her back!" Ben growled, pulling his gun out.

"He's a Hero of Skill, Ben. That won't do you any good." I said, gripping my sword tight.

"Quite correct, Garth. Such an ugly name. I wasn't fond of the last Garth, and you're a step up." He said with a disgusting grin. "Have your girl back" Reaver had a bored tone as he spoke, throwing Rose off the balcony. Luckily, Ben caught her as Page, dumbly, shot at him. "Perhaps we'll meet again one day, tatty bye!" Reaver said giddily as he walked away. Ben held Rose close to him, and I could see he was whispering to her and trying to wake her up, but the only sign she was even alive was her slow breaths causing her chest to rise and fall. I had to tear my eyes away as I felt the feeling of failure well up in me. Paige placed her hand on my shoulder after she freed her men, letting me know we were heading back to HQ.

Rose's P.O.V.

When I woke up I expected to see the ceiling of the deep navy blue room reaver had locked me in, but instead all I saw was the golden blonde locks of my favorite soldier. I was laid down on a bed in the Brightwall home Ben and I had rented a while back and the previously mentioned man was currently clinging onto my surprisingly unchanged clothes. I felt a blush rise to my cheeks as I realized I had read too many romance novels in my youth where a woman would wake up next to the man she liked changed in different outfit, and while it was refreshing to know he was a gentleman I couldn't help but wonder how bad I must smell.

       As I tried to peel myself away from him, my sudden movements startled him awake. He had a pistol in one hand and my sword in the other. "Oh, you're finally awake."  He sheepishly spoke, setting the weapons down. As I giggled and stood up, he was instantly helping me do the simplest of tasks.

"Benjamin I am fine," I grumbled, suddenly grouchy for no reason. Ben looked taken back as I stood and ripped off the gown from the previous night. Ben looked away as the blood rushed to his cheeks, tinting them with a color so red it would shame a tomato. "I just need to get going. We've wasted too much time." I slipped on my pants, bandana swaying from my belt. I felt Ben's arms slide around my bare waist, my chest bandaged from what seemed to be an injury.

"Major Swift is dead." Ben's voice was quiet, like the soft sound of wind blowing through. But no comfort was found in the sadness laced in the quiet. It felt like venom, sinking deep into the blood stream of the tension from his words.

"How." My voice came out demanding, rather than questioning. 

On the way to meet with the rest of the resistance Ben filled me in on Major Swift's execution. "They even demoted him to captain before executing him, who does that sort of thing?!" Ben raged, his eyes filled with a thirst for revenge that worried me.

"Ben, you need to calm down. Anger won't help us here." I whispered as I took his hand. He looked at me and for the first time I really took in how I felt about him and how I acted around him. Elliot was ready to leave his wife for me, and deep down I believe I rejected him because of Ben. I've never felt so attached to someone, so intertwined like if I lost him I'd be incomplete. In that moment I figured out why I cared so much for him.

I was falling in love with Benjamin Finn.