// chapter four //

A/N: So sorry for being away! There will be more updates along with a prequel which I will be creating while writing this. It will take place during the events of Fable 2 (since I am currently playing it) and will explain in better detail Sparrows siblings. Also, the dog you have in game is Garth's dog in this story. Also enjoy this fluffy chapter with some drama at the end. I'm gonna finally have Rose and Ben spend some time together. Also, warning a bit of swearing in the chapter I apologize in advance.

        Annoyance is the best way to describe what I felt when I came back and told everyone I had done what they had asked of me. The reason being a spiky haired dick head who was flirting with Page. "Ah here comes the princess." I heard him say as I walked in, Page looking at me like I just saved her, and probably his, life. 

"You finished the tasks earlier than we had presumed, Rose. We won't be ready for two weeks. Go have some fun in Albion and I'm sure Ben here can escort you if needed." She said and by "if needed" I could tell Page meant "he's going or he's going to be strangled". So, I did what I had to and grabbed his arm, dragging him out and up top as fast as I could.

        Ben and I walked around Bowerstone Market. I made sure I had my hood up, in case the guards were to notice us, and Ben was wearing non-soldier attire. I had been wearing my "princess" outfit but without the skirt and just the leggings along with my mother's coat as always. But for a moment my hood fell down while we walked past the Cow and Corset and a group of men started yelling obscenities at me. I could tell Ben tensed when we went inside to rent a room. I gripped his hand gently and whispered to him, "Ignore those drunken fools. Let's go up and get some rest," before paying the innkeeper and going up. When we arrived at our room I realized it was one bed and bit my lip.

"I'll sleep on the floor." A quiet voice had said behind me. I turned and saw a blushing Ben Finn who seemed very interested in his shoes.

"Nonsense. There's plenty of room for us both." I whispered to him, my bitchy demeanor dropping as I took his hand. He finally looked up at me and smiled before taking me to the bed. I took off the corset part of my shirt while he stripped to his knickers. We laid down and instantly he pulled me as close to him as I could get. As I fell asleep, I realized I had never felt as safe as I did then ever in my life.

     The next morning Ben and I decided to take a trip to Brightwall. We decided on carriage and it was a few days travel but Ben and I were content. We spent the time getting to know each other. He told me about his family and Gunk and how he grew up and I felt the need to protect him. To keep him from harm's way. I also told him about my home life. My parents dying when I was young, Logan raising me, and even how I felt growing up as royalty. I hated it. Ben was the first person to care about what I had to say, and it was amazing. We were laying in our bed of the house we had rented for the week, talking about our hobbies. "When I first came to Brightwall I got a job making pies. It was actually a lot of fun, honestly. When I become Queen and have kids I want to teach them to cook like I wish my mom could've taught me." I whispered, playing with his fingers.

"I can tell how different you are from Logan. Rose, I want you to promise me something." Ben whispered back, the serious tone in his voice confusing me. I looked up at him, curious of what he wanted. "Don't become like Logan. No matter what. If things get hard come to me." He cupped my chin, his eyes sparkling with caring and compassion.

"Of course, Ben. Always." I whispered before cupping his cheeks. He slowly started to lean in, our lips inches apart, until my idiot brother came in and ruined the moment.

       Another week had passed and we only had a few days before the mission. I was walking around Bowerstone Industrial with Garth, Elise, and Ben when a familiar voice called out to me. "Hannah!" Elliot yelled, causing my head to whip around. Garth instantly tensed while Elise looked at Ben, who suddenly went blank faced. He knew the only person who ever called me Hannah was Elliot, and he only ever did when he was upset with me. Elliot walked up to me and pulled me close. "I waited for you, what happened to three days...?" He whispered, obviously hurt.

"I ended up having to go away for a bit. Look, El-" I started but Elliot cut me off.

"It doesn't matter, look Rose I have something to ask of you." He said as he got on one knee. "Rose, will you marry me?" He asked as he pulled out a fancy looking ring. Before I could respond, Ben already had punched Elliot's jaw, causing Elliot to crumble to the ground in pain.

"Holy shit Ben what the fuck?!" Garth yelled as he helped Elliot up. Ben stormed off back towards HQ while Garth, Elise, and I helped Elliot to his home. 

     Once inside, Elise got some ice and a cloth and put it where Ben had punched. "He's quite the strong fellow huh?" Elliot laughed awkwardly.

"Be quiet, keep the ice pack there and you did propose to his girlfriend." Garth said and snickered at me.

"Not his girlfriend, but Elliot, you need to get your wife back. You and I are done with, and that's that." I whispered to him, trying to keep it together. I could see Elliot's heart breaking in his eyes and at that moment I did what instinct told me to.

I ran.