Chapter ten

We were in the woods and Murphy and Cassandra were with the baby not letting anyone near Lucy. I walked over
"Ayy Murphy" I said sitting beside him
"Hey thirteen" he said
"Can auntie thirteen hold Lucy?" I asked and he nodded handing her to me.
"Hey Lucy" I smiled at the baby. I held her for a few minutes before giving her to Murphy.
I walked back over to the others
"Why'd he let you hold her?" Addy asked confused
"Cuz auntie thirteen is the best" I said and sat beside doc. He chuckled. I looked at the structure we called a house.
"Okay that's unexceptable" I said and stood
"Where are you going?!" Doc called
"To look for supplies!" I called over my shoulder throwing my bag over my arm and walking in the direction of the lake. I made it to the lake shore and pulled off my shirt and shorts I put them in the lake as well to wash them. I was only in my underwear in bra, both black like my cloths. I was an emo pre appocolipse and I guess that didn't really change. '. I hope a zombie doesn't grab my foot. I thought to myself. I started washing out my hair and brushing it with my brush. I turned around and saw someone standing on a dock. I screamed and fell back into the water.
"10k since when were you standing there?!" I demanded
He just started dumbfounded
"UHG!" I groaned and turned on my heal back to my bad I picked up my old cloths from the water.
"Could you atleast turn around?" I asked and he immediately did. I changed my underwear to a clean pair I somehow had and pulled on my spare shirt and spare shorts. I looked over my shoulder at 10k.
"You can turn around now" I said and he did.
I picked up my wet cloths and bag and walked over to him.
"So what are you doing out here anyway?" I asked
"Uh, catching fish" he mumbled na so saw the three trout her caught. He pulled another out of the water.
"That should be good right?" He asked
"Good? that's fucking great! That's my boy" I said ruffling his hair with a smile.
He chuckled uneasily
"Awe come on ten don't make this awkward" I pouted
"Hey in not the one who decided swimming without cloths is a good idea" he said with a laugh. I playfully rolled my eyes and hit his shoulder. He picked up the fish and we walked. It was an awkward walk back to say the least. 10k said nothing but a few glances my way. We made it back to camp and doc Said he'd fry the fish.
We sat there for a few minutes apparently Warren and Vasquez were gone and Murphy was too, Cassandra guarding us.
"What's up with you two?" Addy asked looking at me and 10k
"What do you mean?" I ask
"Your acting all awkward" she said and 10k immediately looked away. I sighed and sat back.
"You gonna tell us?" Doc asked
"Someone decided to go for a swim" 10k said
"I didn't know you were there!" I defended and he chuckled
"Stop rembering!" I laughed
"How could I not" he asked with a laugh. Addy and doc looked at us weirdly.
We talked and decided to all run in different directions and meet up in the town.
"Now!" Addy yelled and we took off I don't  know where Cassandra is but I do know was but she was fast. I felt weight in my back and I was pinned to the ground. I threw Cassandra to the ground and kicked her. She stood up and I started to try to block he attacks. She pinned me against the side of the cliff against the rock face. I grunted and pushed her off and pinned her against it. She pushed me back and once again I was pinned. I saw 10k run into the clearing.
"10k! 10k help!" I yelled and Cassandra went to scratch me and I ducked her nails.
10k stood there watching. I felt her start to choke me but I kicked her off and we were on the ground wresting for dominance.
"10k!" I yelled and a gunshot was heard my eyes widened as I felt pain in my head.
"10k..." I whispered.

I pushed cassandra's limp body off me and stood up on shaky legs. I looked at 10k in shock. I turned and tried to feel for Cassandra's pulse.
"She's dead" 10k said I stood back up.
Everything processed and I turned to him.
"10k I'm sorry I know...I know you loved her" I said sadness in my tone
"I did love her, but that wasn't her Cassandra died when Murphy bit her. Besides I think I stopped loving her some time after I met you." He said
I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. 10k and I grabbed shovels we found at camp and buried Cassandra's body in a pile of dirt. We stood looking at it. Doc Warren addy and Vasquez showed up.
"There they are! What's that?" Doc asked looking at the pile.
"It's Cassandra" 10k said
"What happened?" Warren asked
"She was trying to kill thirteen I did what I had to do" he said
"Did what you had to do?" Murphy asked
"I mercied her !" 10k said defiantly
"I have her life! And you had no right to take that away!" Murphy hissed and went to attack 10k. I leapt at Murphy pushing him back.
"Stay away from him" I hissed
"Thirteen..." Murphy said
I turned away from him and looked at Cassandra's grave.
"Gods speed" I whispered picking a random flower and dropping it ontop.
"Come o we should get going" Warren said and we did, we started walking to the river.
"I guess 10k finally made his choice" doc muttered to addy
Yea doc I guess so. 10k chose me...or did her actually choose Cassandra by mercying her?