Chapter Nine

We were pulled over as Serena was throwing up at the side of the rode. People started shooting at us.
"What do you got 10k?"
"Well there are a few people in caps a seriously pissed off looking girl who has my same gun. Must be upset with this nice zero ride we got can't imagine our Mexican friends are too popular around here" 10k said looking through his scope. Serena shot all of them. We drove in the pickup truck we found most of us in the trunk. We made it to an Amish farm.
"Vasquez take the north, 10k you take the south" Warren said and the two split up. I walked over to addy.
"I don't trust Vasquez" I said to addy
"We kinda have to" addy shrugged and a few minutes later 10k walked over.
Cassandra smelled him and growled
10k explained what he saw.
"What's all that?" Warren asked
"Came out of a Z's head, powdered brains maybe" 20k shrugged brushing it off. We drove up the drive way thing to find people. We asked around a bit. I stayed near 10k. We found Vasquez who had food. He heard zombies and turned to see them. I started shooting not trusting the white powder. 10k was piking them a cloud of it went up. We were talking to the Amish.
"It's unsafe here the white powder we have anthrax here" he said and then 10k fell.
"10k!" I yelled
"He has it the disease" the man said we layed 10k in a bed where the other sick were.
They have him medicine to help him. I sat beside him placing my hand on his shoulder.
"Hey there ten, your going to be alright" I said and smiled at him.
"Ciao, parli Italiano?" (Hi, do you speak Italian)I asked a nurse who
passed by
"Si, piccolo Italiano" (yess small amount of Italian) she said and I nodded
"Dove farmecia?" (Where is a pharmacy)
She told me that there was a pharmacy in the town addy, Vasquez and the leader decided to go. I sat beside 10k as he sleapt.
"Come on ten" I whispered and held his hand. I walked out and went to the town with addy Vasquez and the leader. We walked into a store.
"Honey I'm home" addy joked
Addy and Vasquez talked as they searched I looked around for medicine. Addy heard something and we advanced towards a man. He looked up. He was crying.
"Hey what's wrong?" I asked as he stood up
"Your not zombies" he said
"We aren't zombies" I assured
"You have to help me please kill me" the man said
"I get it I'm sorry but we can't" addy said the man ran at Vasquez with a weapon and Vasquez shit him.
"You killed him" the Amish man said
"We had to self defense" addy said
"You believe it is better to kill then to die?" The man asked and we avoided eye contact.
"Can we keep looking for medicine, please" I said avoiding eye contact and they all looked at me.
"Hey, he'll be okay" addy said
"Your talking of the boy who is sick?" The Amish man asked
I nodded we drove back to the farm and made it.
"Your man you must come to him" the Amish man said and addy fell same sickness maybe.
"go see him" Warren said and I ran over to see 10k. I walked in and stopped beside him. He Coughed up blood, I sighed and held his hand.
"10k...you can't die...you just can't... I...I love you too much for you to die! I love you!"I said tears falling from my eyes. I felt a hand on my cheek and saw 10k had his hand cupping my cheek. He closed his eyes his hand falling limply onto his chest. I cried, I cried for the first time since I mercyed my parents. I looked up as Warren and Vasquez came in.
"It's just, we got to keep going. Our team we gotta get to California our man Murphy he is immune there is a lab to make a vaccine a medicine that will save a lot of people" Warren said and Vasquez came over as Warren took the medicine. Vasquez picked up 20k.
I walked out with Warren. We laid 10k next to addy in the hay. Warren have them pills. I sat in the hay bail that was behind 10k's head. I say cross legged watching him as he sleapt. I had my eyes closed as I listened to the new baby cry. I heard familiar growling.
"Warren! Zombies!" I yelled grabbing my machete.
"Warren!" I yelled
"Doc Vasquez Murphy!" I desperately yelled.
"Shit I can't hold all of them off!" I said as I stepped back.
"Stay away from them" I yelled to the zombies as I they'd listen. The zombies advanced.
"Cassandra!" I yelled
"A little busy" she growled fending off Z's.
I kicked a z back lunching another and Serena screamed the zombies looking at her.
"Get away from my baby!" She yelled
"Go! Go!" She yelled and we ran to the truck I paused and waited to see Vasquez carrying 10k. I grabbed addy and ran. She was too heavy for me and doc took her. We made it to the truck. 10k and addy were laying on the trunk along with me. Everyone else was upfront, Serena didn't make it. 10k and addy were better thanks to the medicine, 10k had the worst of it. I sat beside him.
"Did she have the baby?" 10k mumbled
"Yea kid, murphys with her" doc said
"Where's thirteen?" 10k asked his voice becoming worried
"I'm right here" I said from next to him where I sat my head against the window of the back as I sat tiredly
"That girl didn't leave your side for hours, only did to go look for medicine and even in the barn she refused to leave" doc said and 10k looked at me. I opened my eyes and looked back at him.
"You had me worried" I said tiredly.
"I know" he said an spilled me against him and into a hug.
"Speaking of babies" addy said she through a box at 10k.
"You aren't going to die a virgin I promise just when it happens don't be stupid" she said and 10k was blushing as I laughed.
"Why are you laughing we all know it'll be you" Vasquez said looking at me and I immediately shut up. Doc laughed and soon we were on the rode once again.