15 Years Later

Chapter 12

----15 years later---

“Lillie Mae get off that damn phone or I will call Uncle Noah to stalk you on your next date!” I yell at my now 17 year old daughter. Her eyes widen in horror.

“No! Pl-please don't.” She mumbles. She hands me her phone and I go back to cooking.

Why don't I catch you up to speed?

After Derek proposed 5 months later we were married. 4 months after that we had Charlie Tyler James, now 15. I graduated from culinary school and now Derek and I own 15 different restaurants worldwide.

My personal favorite, "Sous les Étoiles" which means Under the Stars, it was named after when he proposed to me under the stars. I know it’s really cheesy, but it’s in French so it sounds fancier then it is. Well the title is at least.  I normally go in and help around, it's my restaurant. Those people are scared to of me. VICTORY!

All of the guys are still friends. Derek still writes books and is all wickedly popular. Two have been turned into movies and one into a musical.

Nick now owns a record label. He has more clients and makes a lot of money. Everyone wants to be signed by Nick’s label.

We live in London, but have a home in Malibu, right along the beach. Justin is a mass drug dealer now. Ok just kidding, that wouldn't be good. He is a model. Go freaking figure.

 Called that years ago.

 Ethan started a solo singing career and has a contract with Nick. It's going pretty well from what I can tell.

All the guys love their new lives the say. They all meet once a week for a pint and talk about the old times. I say cut the crap what old times? It was 5 years ago. Also I have another daughter and son, Amelia Grace, 13 and Oliver Michael 10.

Four are a handful, but I love each one. They are all so very special. Charlie, I can tell will be an amazing chef and Lillie is starting an internship at the record label. She says she wants to do exactly what her uncle does.

Oh that too! Lillie knows that Derek isn't her real father, but loves Derek and she says things happen for a reason. Also as sad as it is, she wouldn't want anyone else to be her father. I think Derek over heard the conversation because he bought a new pair of shoes that same night.

Sap!

Later tonight Derek and I are having the lads over for a dinner party. It's my birthday. 37 yeah (sarcasm)

But Derek still looks older! I'm such a cougar (by 1 year.)

Derek walks into the kitchen he walks next to me and wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder. He kisses my neck where the kids can't see or they will make fun. But I don't care, if I want to suck face with my husband I will! I mean honestly, how do they think they got here? Ok I wouldn’t say that out loud, but if I want to I will.

“What's for dinner?” Derek asks me.

“I don't know yet, but you need to talk to your daughter she won't get off her electronics for 5 minutes.”

“Why?” He asks me. He walks over and leans on the counter facing me.

“A boy.” I roll my eyes.

“I remember when your mom fussed at you once because we wouldn't stop emailing each other.” He smiled.

“That's different.” I shake my head.

“How?” He laughs.

“You were my best friend and not boyfriend.” I say.

I will win.

“You Americans are weird.” Derek says as he rolls his eyes.

“Yeah whatever. Keep saying that but we won the revolutionary war remember?” I smile.

“Whatever!” He says laughing.

I'm mixing a cake icing ad he spins me around and dips me backwards. While I still have the big bowl of icing in my hands. He kisses me and as he is the icing is pouring on my chest and slimily going down and all around my bra. I tap Derek's shoulder and he looks up.

“What?” He asks. I point down and he laughs. He stands me back up and takes a finger and swipes it over my cleavage, eating the icing.

“Wow. Thanks. You couldn't have gotten a towel?” I laugh.

“Nope,” he kisses me again with his sugary lips.

“I love you.” He says and smiles at me.

“I love you more, soldier,” I lean in and kiss him.