Too Many Secrets in One Day

Chapter 5-

Too Many Secrets In One Day.

“You have a daughter.” He smiles and he looks a little shocked. Great here come more questions. 

“Yeah,’’ I smile just thinking about her.

“Does Derek know?” Justin steps back and looks around the corner.

“No! He can’t know!” I whisper/yell.

“Why?” He sits down on his couch and I go to sit next to him.

“He would be disappointed in me.” I look down at my hands in my lap as I realize I haven’t told my best friend, who would do anything for me, about the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.

 Now i feel like crap.

“No he wouldn’t.” Justin pats my hand.

“Yes, he would.” I look back down at my hands. “You wanna see a picture of her?” I ask.

“Sure.” He smiles. I pull out my phone and show him a few pictures.

“She looks just like you. She is beautiful.” He gushes scrolling through the hundreds of pictures.

“Lillie has snow blonde hair with little curls. She has bright brown eyes and a little nose.” I close my eyes and imagine my baby girl sitting here next to me.

“How old is she?” He hands me my phone back.

“2 and a ½.” I look through the pictures myself and I'm starting to get home sick and I really miss my baby.

“She kind of looks like Derek.” He says. Then almost immediately his head snaps to me and his eyes widen. “She isn’t Derek’s, is she?”

“No!” I laugh. “But she does kinda look like him. That’s funny.” I laugh again thinking of Derek being my baby daddy. Yeah, never ever ever going to happen. 

“Is your fiancé her father?” Justin looks over at me.

“No, her dad was killed overseas. He was in the marines and he died before she was born.” I hate talking about this kind of things. It puts me in a really depressed mood. 

“I’m sorry.” He apologizes; he must have realized he was on a touchy subject. 

“Thanks.”

“Hey what are you two doing in here?” Derek asks as he walks from around the corner.

“Oh just talking about tattoos. And such,” I cover quickly. Nice save, Mick.

“You have any new ones?” Derek asks me. He walks over to us.

“Yeah a few.”

“Can I see?” He smiles

“Not now, soldier.” I walk back to the pool and grab a slice of pizza.

Noah walks up to me. “Why do you call him soldier?”

“Habit.” I shrug. Derek walks over to me and smiles.

“Derek, told us you are receiving an award.” Noah smiles and I turn to Derek.

 “You told.” I punch him in the arm.

“Ow! Yes. They wanted to know about you.” He rubs his arm, wuss.

“Bastard!” I growl. They guys all laugh.

“He says it’s the highest honor or something in the states.” Noah mumbles with pizza in his mouth. Gross.