7 Years Earlier

Chapter 8

7 Years Earlier.

“Sarah lets ride space mountain.” I beg my older sister.

“The line is so long!” She complains.

“But I really want to ride it. It’s my favorite ride.” I jump up and down. I am prepared to throw a temper tantrum. 

“You’re such a baby.” Sarah rolls her eyes at me.

“You know what; I know how we can solve this.” A light bulb just went off in my head.

“How?” My sister says rolling her eyes. I scan the people at Disney world.

“Aha!” I grab some guy’s collar and pull him to us. “Sorry about that, but do you have a coin?”

“Um-sure.” He says a little shaky. He reaches in his pocket and pulls out the coin.

“Flip it. I say. “Call it, Sarah.”

He flips it and Sarah yells, “Heads.” The coin falls on the ground.

“Tails,” the guy says.

“Ha!” I say at my sister. “Come on!” I grab her arm. “Thanks,” I smile back at the guy.

“Uh you’re welcome?” He says walking off.

I drag Sarah into space mountain line. We ride it and as soon as we get off she screams, “That was awesome.”

“I knew you’d love it!” I laugh at her.

“Come on. My turn to pick.” She drags me to the spinning teacups.

“Where do you think mom and John are.” I ask, not really caring where my parents are.

“Who knows.”

 We start joking about something stupid and I, of course think she is funny, which she really isn’t I thought I would be nice this one time.

We walk to a pink teacup. More like Sarah runs for dear life. Like these five year old are going to take the one she wants, well they are vicious. It’s not the kids you have to watch out for, it’s their over worked exhausted parents.

“Calm down, Sarah. They won’t start unless everyone is sitting down.” 

“Shut up.” She laughs.

I sit down and some guy walks up and ask if we can have 2 more people in ours. We accept cuz we don’t care. We start spinning. I let Sarah spin it and I look to the guy next to me.

“Hey! Coin dude!” I smile. I recognize the guy from over by Space Mountain.

“Hey,” he smiles back. “Do you mind if I spin it some more?”

“By all means,” Sarah says.

They start spinning the cup faster and faster. I start laughing and I have to hold onto my hat with one hand, the cup with the other. Laughter fills the air. The ride comes to a stop and I climb over the side and run to the exit. Well more like waddle, because I am terribly dizzy.

“Sarah, hurry you butt up!” I yell.

I end up dragging her to Cinderella’s castle and we get pictures with the princess herself. We walk to the carousel and get in line. I look in front of me and I see the guy again.

“Ok now you’re following me!” I laugh. Coin guy turns around and smiles.

“Hello.”

“Hiya, coin guy.” I wave to him.