This Is Not How I Planned It In My Head.

Chapter 6

This is not how I planned it in my head.

The next day when I get ready thoughts fill my head. Derek and I head to meet Grey. We arrive at the small café and when he parks the car I see Grey. He stands as we walk over, I kiss him and I sit down.

"Hello I'm Derek." My best friend says first, being the gentleman he is.

"Grey." They shake hands. "So Mickey," I hate that damn nickname. "Where is your maid of honor?" He smiles and taking my hand in his. I look around the quiet cafe. Where to start, where to start.

"Well..." My voice gets all high and pitchy.

"I prefer, best friend of honor." Derek so kindly interrupts me. I shoot daggers in the side of his face.

Idiot!

"What? Him? He!" Grey points to Derek. Ok, not how I planned. Grey looks way more confused than I imagined.

"Yeah, we have been best friends for years." I smile at Derek beside me. I nudge my shoulder into his and he smiles.

"You never told me about him." Grey says while looking at Derek with disgust. This isn't good.

"It never came up." I smile. This is bad.

"I thought we promised no secrets." Grey continues to glare at Derek. I think he notices because is smiling back at Grey. And that is pissing Grey off.

Men!

"We did. I just have a lot I haven't told you about yet." I frown when I realize I should have told him. I have known Derek for a long time. He's always been there and there was no reason not to tell him.

"Oh Mick." Derek's rolls his eyes and laughs sarcastically.

"Hello!" Noah shouts and the rest of the guys come over. They all drag chairs to the table.

Why do bad things always happen to me?!

"Oh I'm guessing these are your bridesmaids as well!" Grey shouts.
Woah, where did that come from?

"Grey baby, calm down. These are my friends. They wanted to meet you." I try and assure him. Grey sits back down and looks around the table.

"Who have you been staying with? Derek?" This time he doesn't even look at Derek. "So is the part you tell me you two used to date?"

"No." I laugh. I hear Derek clear his throat next to me. I turn and give him a look. Basically the look says if you want to live keep your mouth shut.

"Have you guys been sleeping in the same bed? Or unfaithful to me?" He crosses his arms over his chest.

"Grey, listen to what you're saying. He is my best friend. I met him 7 years ago." I try and reason with him, but this is turning out to be a sinking ship. What was supposed to be a nice lunch is now turning out to be the Titanic.

"Can I speak to you alone?" Grey asks me. He starts walking away and I reluctantly follow him.

"What is with the pole up your ass! You are acting so weird." I ask.

"I don't know if I can trust you." He crosses his arm and starts tapping his foot. Has he always been like and I just not realize?

"Don't know if you can trust me? What? Nothing happened!" I yell at him. He won't even look at me.

"I can't marry you." Well this isn't good.

"What?" I spit out.

"I want my ring," He says finally looking at me.

"Go to hell!" I take the ring off my finger and step on it with my shoe. "Bastard!" I say loud enough for only him to hear me.

I walk away and walk past the guys. They are calling my name. I just keep walking. All the guys are shouting my name and I stop in my tracks. I just stand there waiting for them to catch up.

I look around London. It's a beautiful city; a busy city. The guys all come running and trying to catch their breath.

"Mick, what's wrong?" Derek is the first to ask.

"That jackass broke off the engagement." I shout and point back at Grey sitting at the table. I feel tears trickling down my face.

Stupid emotions.

I look back over to where Grey was sitting and I see him walking to us. The guys part for him to walk next to me.

"Baby, I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking." He coos rubbing the side of my arm. I don't even think, next think I know is I punch him. Grey falls to the ground and is passed out.

"Damn!" Ethan yells. Ethan and Derek starting laughing.

"You! Blondie!" I point at Nick. "You're Irish?" He nods his head.

"Where is a good bar? Pub! Whatever the hell y'all call it."

"This way." He motions for me to follow.
"I need a drink and I need one bad." The guys all laugh.

----Derek James----

These three days she has been here have been hectic. Whenever she comes to town it always is, but this time more than usual. Tomorrow we leave for DC. She has been telling me she wants to show me around. She lives there in DC. Never knew that.

I saw her Lillie tattoo. I knew she had that. It was a child's handprint on her side, with the name Lillie under it. She once told me she only gets tattoos that truly have a meaning to her. So she thinks my few tattoos are pointless and she doesn't forget to remind me.

After a few pints I have to carry her back to my flat. I lay her down in my bed. But as I'm leaving she grabs my hand. She mumbles, "DJ, please stay."
I crawl in next to her. She grabs my arms and places them around her waist for me.

"Derek, will you sing for me?" She whispers. She likes my voice I think its average. I sing a couple bars for her.
Once she falls asleep I lay there and think. Think about her life, my life and our friendship. Mick is such a caring person. She is sweet and beautiful. She can be funny and doesn't realize it. I love my best friend; I don't just love her I'm in love with her. I wish I could tell her, but I don't know how. The little things are what make her so special.

My God!

I'm talking like such a girl.

----Mick Harper.----

I woke up and Derek was wrapped around me. What the hell! What happened last night? I have a hangover and its pissing me off. I crawl out of Derek's arms and head to the shower. I really need one! I smell like beer and old people. Todays the day I head home.

I was told I have to wear my army fatigues. (Which I'm not happy about.) I walk to my bag in a towel and get my uniform. I go back to the bathroom and put it on.
Yuck! I tie my hair in a tight bun. I apply some light makeup. I go into the kitchen and eat some cereal. Derek walks out sleepily wearing only a towel. His hair is a mess. I have to scold myself not to stare at his perfectly toned chest.

What am I saying!

"Good morning." He says and smiles at me.

"Morning." I mumble with my last spoonful of cereal. I place the bowl in the sink.

"What are you wearing? He asks biting back a smile.

"I have to wear this. Why don't you like this?" I ask sarcastically and strike a pose.

"No, I love it, Harper. Camouflage looks great on you." Derek says playing with my dog tags.

"Go get dressed. We have to leave in 2 hours." I push him out of the kitchen.

"How long do you think it takes me?" He laughs at me.

"Well I don't know. But you have to pack." I go sit on his couch.

"How long can I stay?" He yells from his rooms.

"I don't care. A week or so. Depends on how busy you are." I yell back.

"A week is good with me." He smiles.
He walks back into his room and I pull out my phone. I have been sneaking calls with Lillie. I call her; she is normally awake this early. It's only 8 over there.

"Hello." My sister Sarah answers.

"Hey Sarah." I say into the phone.

"Oh my gosh! Arizona! It's so good to hear from you." My sister gushes over the phone. She will talk your ear off. I'm not even kidding.

One time I was on the phone with her and I started to fall asleep. I set the phone when she was talking and went to take a shower. I got dressed, styled my hair, and did my makeup. When I got back to my phone, she was still talking.

"Sarah, I talked to you yesterday." I roll my eyes at my older sister.

"I know but you are coming back today? Or did your flight get canceled." She asks sounding disappointed.

"No, I'm leaving for the airport in an hour."

"Ok good. Do you want me to pick you up?" She offers.

"Yes please. Derek will be with me." I add.

"Ok that's fine." She says. She never had a problem with him either. Sarah has known Derek the same amount I have.

"Can I please speak with, Lillie?" I finally manage to get out.

"Yeah here she is." I can hear the phone moving. I wait a couple seconds then I hear breathing on the other end.

"Hi baby. It's mommy."

"Mama." Then I hear her giggling.

"Yes, baby, Mama. I miss you so much."

"I miss too." She slowly says. Just hearing her say mama I start crying silent tears.

"I'm gonna see you tonight. Ok I love you." I say to my baby over the phone. I haven't seen her in a year. Only in pictures and videos on Skype.

"Wuv you mama." She giggles again.

"Bye bye. Give the phone back to Aunt Sarah."

"That was cute Arizona." Sarah says once she is back on the phone.

"I gotta go." I sniffle.

"Ok love ya sis. I'll be at the airport."

"Bye." I hang up. I try and find a tissue to blow my nose. I don't want to tell Derek yet. That's what the extremely long plane flight is for.

Help me, God!

I get on my jacket and my boots.
"Ready Mick?" Derek comes in with his suitcase.

"Yeah." I say while throwing my duffel bag over my shoulder.

"The guys wanted to drive us to the airport, I hope you don't mind." Derek says while putting his shoes on.

"Nope, not a problem." Next thing I know my phone vibrates and I answer it.

"Hey it's Justin. We're here." He says very chipper.

"How the hell did you get my number?" I question him.

"Ethan." He says calmly.

"How did he get it?" I will get to the source.
"Nick." He answers again.

"And him?" Almost there.

"From Noah who got it from Derek." He finally notices where this was going.

"K thanks." I reply sarcastically. I hang up on him; I have all the info I need for now.

"Come on Derek the brat pack are here." I hold the door open for him.

"Who?" He looks up at me and lock the door behind him.

"1980's American history. You Englishmen, I'll never understand you." I say more to myself then him.

"And you yanks either." He winks at me.
I throw my bag into the trunk.

"Damn girl you look sexy with your uniform." Ethan says then winks at me.

"Don't make me kick your ass. I will do it." I get in the car next to Noah.

"She will do it." Derek says then setting his suitcase next to my stuff. He sets next to me on the window seat. We drive off to the airport.

How the hell am I gonna tell him? I can't just start a conversation with 'hey I got knocked up by some jarhead.' Hell no! This is too many secrets I have that are coming out in these last couple of days.

We arrive in DC. Derek and I head over to a coffee stand. I see my sister walking towards us with Lillie toddling slowly beside her. I drop my bag next to Derek and run to Lillie. She sees me and lets go of Sarah's hand and runs to me.

----Derek James----

"2 small coffees please. One with sugar and - mick how do you want yours?" I turn to her again and I hear her bag drop and I see her take off running. I grab my bag and follow her. I see her sister, Sarah walking up and I see a little girl in Mick's arms. Mick is spinning the little girl around and Mick is crying. The little girl is laughing. I stand next to Sarah and give her a hug. Last time I saw her was at her wedding.

---4 years ago.---

"Derek!" I hear Mick yell from her room.

"Can I come in?" I knock on her door.

"Hurry up!" She yells at me. I walk into her room. Her back is to me.

"Derek, please help me." I start laughing at her. "Stop laughing. I couldn't have gained 3 pounds in days. Could I?" She looks really nervous. Both of her hands are on the back of the dress trying to zip it up.

"No Mick. Here let me help." She turns around I try and zip it. "I won't move."

"Oh I know why!" She moves away from me.

She reaches behind her and unzips the dress. It falls to the ground in a pile. She steps out of the ring of material and is only standing there in small lacy lingerie. Mick walks to her suitcase and searches around. Throwing clothes all around the room she stands back up with a corset in hand.

"HAHA! This is what I forgot!"
She turns around and takes her bra off, flinging it on the bed. She fixes the corset; my heart is racing seeing my best friend like this. Sure I've seen her in a bathing suit and has changed multiple times in front of me, but this time is different. The even crazier part is she doesn't even care that I was in the room.

"Now help me."
She slips the ugly black dress on. It has a giant pink bow on the back. Its hideous, but on her, she looks beautiful. I zip up the dress for her and she turns around facing me. She fixes my tie, then slowly running her hand down my chest and looking into my eyes.

"Thanks." Mick kisses my cheek and walks out of her room.

We drive to the chapel with Sarah. I sit by myself in the church pews. When Mick stands next to Sarah as her maid of honor, I don't watch the bride and groom like I should. My eyes are glued to, Mick. She looks so beautiful, my heart is still racing. This is not good.

The reception comes by quickly; everyone starts slow dancing after the bride and groom's first dance. I grab Mick's arm and pull her to the dance floor. When she realizes what I'm doing she starts protesting.

"What! No!" She hollers, but it's hard to hear her over the loud music.

"Be quiet." We start swaying to the music. She wraps her arms around my neck and plays with my hair.

"You look beautiful." I say. She blushes.

"Thank you. Derek, if something were to change would you always stand by me?"

"Of course. Why do you ask?" I look at her.

"Just-just making sure." She kisses my cheek.

-Current-

"You daughter is adorable." I say pointing to the little girl.

"My daughter?" Sarah questions.

"Yea." Mick notices I'm next to Sarah. She walks up to me.

"Lillie, say hi to Derek." She smiles down at the toddler.

The little girl waves her hand and smiles. I wave back and smile at the toddler.

"Derek, this is Lillie. My daughter." She says smiling at me.