He sat down on the sofa, whimpering softly in pain before he shrugged his bag off his back, setting it down next to his feet. I bit my lip as my eyes scanned over his body, before I headed into the kitchen to make us both a cup of tea. When I went back into the living room, he was staring into space...into nothing. He managed a weak thank you when I handed him his tea, and I sat opposite him on the arm chair. "Are you gonna tell me what happened or are you just gonna sit there?" I asked bleakly when he never uttered a word. His tea stayed on his lap, his fingers curled around the tea.

Impatient, I sighed defeated and set my cup of tea on the coffee table. I stood up and went to walk away from Zayn, when he to stood up, grabbing at my arm and pulling me.back down. I grunted, sitting down next to him. "Zayn, you're going start loosing people if you keep shutting them out like that." I spoke and he sighed, his eyes on me.

"Well then, I've probably lost Harry as well." he snapped back stubbornly, his eyes shimmering with tears. "Z..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say. "You sent my parents to me Ste, how could you be so stupid?!" Zayn spat angrily, causing me to jump with fright, startled.

"I didn't know it was them until your dad left, all right?! By the time I realized, your father was already gone and out the shop- I'm so sorry Zayn. Really, I am." I said desperately, squeezing his thigh tightly. He groaned with frustration, his head in his hands.

"Is that why you're here? To lecture me? Because if that's the case then I already feel damn guilty so you may as well-"

"No, that's not why I'm here. I just need to stay here for a few days, for time out..." he interrupted, nodding toward the bag that lay next to us. "Time out?" I repeated, confused, and he nodded. "From Harry. He's just- he's stressing me out so much! I know he means well and all but God! He...he...I don't know. I mean, right before he Ieft, he compared me to Bo." he said angrily, his hands clenching into fists. My body tensed. Bo? His ex?

Anger boiled up inside me. How...how could he compare him to that little piece of shit?! It was beyond me. "Is that what's bothering you?! Harry?!" I shouted and he rolled his eyes. "No, he knows I'm nothing like Bo, he was just angry." he assured me with weak smile. I wanted to slap some sense into him. Harry was always angry. Of course he meant it, how could he be making excuses for him after what happened?

"It's just...my parents. They might be getting a divorce because of me, Ste. I know they haven't exactly been the best parents in the world, but they still are my parents. And I'm scared. I don't want to be the reason for their split up, and Harry just didn't seem to see that." he sniffed, tears streaming down his cheeks.

Frowning, my eyes gazed over his cuts and browses and finally down to the left side of his neck where a large burn mark lay, slightly larger than the hickey next to it. "Your dad this, right?" I asked carefully and he nodded weakly. "See, this is the problem with you Zayn, you're too nice." I told him and he looked up, confused. "That's a problem?" I croaked and I laughed.

"Zayn, think of this as karma. If I was you, I would've thought your dad deserved what he got. Either that, or he's away to jail. Your mother probably wants him only for his money so I doubt they'd split up. But you gotta stop being scared, Z, and face the real world. It's good that your father's locked up and away because then he won't be able to hurt you." I explained and he smiled weakly when I pulled him in close for a hug, my face buried in his hair.

"What could I do without you, eh?" he sighed and I chuckled. "You couldn't. That's what friends are for." I smirked and he chuckled, his laugh vibrating against my chest. "Corny git." he teased and I rolled my eyes, pulling away from him. "Right, lemme see these cuts." I demanded and he lifted up his t-shirt, and my eyes widened.

I stared, gulping at his swollen stomach, unsure of what to say. "That's not the worst of it. Harry cleaned most of it up." he croaked and frowning, I went into the kitchen to collect a packet of frozen peas, sitting them on his stomach and he winced at the contact and when I pressed another packet against his neck.

"That should bring most of the swelling down. Keep it there for an hour or so and I'll go make up a bed for you." I told him, sauntering off but when I went back minutes later, he was sound asleep on my sofa.

I exhaled a little, more I sat down on the arm chair again and turned on the TV, turning the volume down. I was just about to relax when I heard a hard knock on the door and I lifted myself up off the chair, fetching it. When I realized it was Harry, my heart sank. I knew Zayn really didn't want to see him right now.

"Where is he?" he frowned and I rolled my eyes. "He's not here." I lied and he scoffed. "You're a bad lier, Ste." he smirked and barged past me, deliberately barging into me as he did so. Harry had stopped dead when I turned round, having noticed that Zayn was fast asleep on the sofa. When he looked up at me, he physically looked broken. His face was crumpled and pained, his eyes swimming with tears.

Safe to say I was horrified. Never once have I seen Harry Styles act like this. Never. To be blunt, it was frightening. I've never understood Harry, especially around Zayn. I knew, even now, Zayn wasn't particularly fond of Harry. But Zayn loved Harry and that much was obvious. Harry was head over heals for the boy, too. Everyone knew. The amount of shit Harry has went through to protect Zayn is unreal. No one could ever do that. Not for Zayn. That's why I trusted Harry...in a way. I highly disliked him but he made Zayn happy so I just had to put up him with him. In a way, Harry and I are extremely alike. We'd both go a great deal to protect the people we love, no matter how unsafe or dangerous it is. We both want to protect Zayn. We both want to be there for him. So why couldn't we get along? Not that I wanted too. He's still the biggest big-headed, stuck up and possessive dick I met at the music store. My thoughts of Harry would never change.

My thoughts were interrupted when Harry cleared his throat. "How long as he been asleep?" he asked quietly, eyes narrowed. "Five minuted." I answered simply and he sighed deeply, looking down at him, hesitating. "I wouldn't wake him Harry, he hasn't slept in about 48 hours." I warned him and he frowned, biting his lip.

"I just need to apologize." he said softly and he bent down so that he was eye level with Zayn. I watched carefully as he gently stroked the side of Zayn's face, encouraging him to wake up. Soon enough, Zayn's eyes fluttered open and they focused on Harry's. A frown was on his face when he realized who it was and he turned his head to glare at me. "I told him not to come in but he wouldn't listen to me, I swear-"

"Is the bed ready?" Zayn frowned, standing up and grabbing his bag. Not bothering to wince as the frozen peas left his skin. I gave a hesitant nod and Zayn was about to walk off, when Harry grabbed onto his arm, spinning him round. "Please, I just-"

"I have nothing to say to you, Harry-"

"No, please! I-" Harry stopped, looking at me hesitating before he bit his lip and moved forward, leaning in to whisper something in Zayn's ear. I watched as Zayn's face turned a bright shade of pink, especially when Harry's index finger lifted a chain around Zayn's neck, holding it up to for Zayn to see it. It was much like the St. Christopher necklace Harry always wore around his neck. The object was obviously some sort of significance between the two. Zayn's cheeks turned even redder, and he started to fiddle with his fingers. Harry suddenly pulled away. "We good?" he smiled at Zayn, eyebrows raised. He kissed the top of Zayn's nose for good measure. In reply, Zayn reached over and kissed his cheek. Grinning further, Harry reached down and grabbed Zayn's bag, slinging it over his shoulder.

Zayn blushed again when Harry linked his fingers through Zayn's hand. "Uh...thanks for everything Ste, I really appreciate it." Zayn said, smiling weakly. I shrugged my shoulders. "No problem." I sighed, brushing past him. "Do you need help with the bed? Because I can-"

"No, it's fine. I got it. You go off with Harry." I assured him, nodding toward him. Before rushing out the door with Harry, Zayn turned to face me and pulled me in for a tight, lingering hug before calling after Harry.

_____________

Hey guys! So I'm back from my break of updating and I realized that I have OVER ONE HUNDRED VOTES ON ONE CHAPTER...AGAIN! It's bloody insane. Also, someone else complained on the last chapter that it was only two pages short and the reason being was because the last chapter was a cliff hanger and I had updated in two days, so why complain when I updated? That really pissed me off so I thought I'd take a break. ANYHOW thanks again for the amazing feedback- wonder if I can get that much comments as I do votes ;) here's hoping! xxx