"Call me Liv, my friends call me Liv." I returned his smile almost as if I couldn't help it. "Ah the dreaded friend zone." he teased, and I rolled my eyes.

"Listen Blo—Niall, I've got to head to my office, it's been nice chatting with you, I may come visit for lunch."

 I was pushing it not knowing if the elevator was going to take a long time or not. He nodded, and I began walking away.

"Hey Liv!" he called after me and I turned around getting slightly annoyed. "Yes?" I asked. "You know you have to pay for the coffee right?"

***

Over the next week Niall and I had lunch together almost every day. Caileigh had pouted about it constantly, mainly because while I was on lunch break she had to run errands, and print reports.

 I had learned that he only bartended every other weekend, and that he actually lived about 3 blocks from me.

I had told him a lot about me which was unusual since he was practically a stranger. We talked about the columns I write, and how the way I take my coffee reflects who I am as a person. 

He claimed that I should write more lovey dovey articles because apparently he was a romantic guy, but that is a matter of opinion.

It was nice having a friend other than Caileigh that I could talk to, its not that I didn't have friends, but work sometimes got in the way of my social life.

"I've got to get back to work, how long until you go back?" he asked standing to his feet and tying his apron. 

"I'm done for the day." I smiled. "It's my long weekend." 

He chuckled. "Nice, got a big date tonight? Any mens hearts to break so you can write about their suffering?" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay if I promise to write more romantic garbage will you please stop with the jokes." he scrunched his nose for a minute looking deep in thought. "No." he finally said, and laughed.

I pulled out my notebook while Niall served a few customers, and began writing in everything I needed to get done, already feeling myself stressing out over minor things.

I was so caught up in my writing I jumped when I heard Niall loudly exclaim "Tommo!" 

I looked away from my table and up to the counter. Niall was talking animatedly with someone, who seemed equally as excited to speak with him.

Mystery guy was kind of cute. He looked like he was about mine and Niall's age, he wasn't the tallest, but he had some good looking legs. 

I found myself staring at him, and I tried to snap out of it, given I was only looking at the back of him, and he could turn around and disappoint me.

However, when he did turn around, I was far from disappointed. His hair was the perfect kind of messy, covering his forehead.

 He had on a blue polo, much like many of the computer techs that worked in this building wore, and a pair of skinny jeans that didn't look as if they gave him much room to breathe.

I took a deep breath, when his eyes met mine, and I realized that he noticed I had been staring at him, probably drooling as far as I know. 

I quickly looked away, and focused my attention on Niall, who was raising his eyebrow at me, and I could almost read his mind.

Mystery guy, to my dismay began walking towards my table, a coffee in his hand, and he took a seat right in front of me. 

Doesn't he know anything about personal space? "May I help you?" I asked as politely as possible doing my best not to make eye contact.

"Yes, I noticed you staring at me, and I was wondering if this seat was taken?" I chanced a glance at him, and I was immediately annoyed at the giant smirk plastered across his face. 

I sighed closing my planner, but not about to give him the satisfaction of my undivided attention.

"I mean, I was perfectly fine sitting alone, but I guess you made up your mind didn't you?" I said my voice bored as I picked at my nails. 

"Feisty." he said chuckling before he took a sip of his coffee. 

"Tommo." I heard Niall say warningly from the counter, and I was definitely going to drill him about this later.

"Well since I'm going to be sitting here for the next—Oh ten minutes." he glanced at the watch on his wrist. "I should at least get your name." 

This guy was a certified flirt, and I knew that he would probably be the next article I centered my writing around after I let him down gently.

"Olivia" I said nonchalantly, pulling all the tricks in the book I knew would make his type lose interest and fast. "Olivia, has a nice ring to it."He smiled taking another sip of his coffee.

I stared at his arm and all the random tattoos that littered it. "but my friends call me Liv." I added quickly, glancing at his face showing no emotion.

 "Who says I want to be your friend?" he said smugly and I rolled my eyes.

"Tommo." Niall said in the same tone only louder this time. 

Tommo as I was starting to believe was his name held up his hand giving Niall the 'One moment' notion. 

"You know, I would love to sit and chat with you all afternoon, but I do have important things I need to do." I smiled sarcastically gathering my notebook and stuffing it in my purse.

"Feisty and Focused." He flashed me a smile, and I took note of his beautiful smile, and how blue his eyes are. "Yes, now if you would excuse me." I stood to my feet, throwing my purse over my shoulder.

However, to my absolute horror I managed to knock his coffee not only all over the table but all over him as well. My immediate thought was he deserved it, but my moral thought was that I needed to apologize.

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, as I grabbed as many napkins out of the dispenser as I could handing them to him.

 I expected him to yell, or to pout like most men usually do in a situation like this, but instead he laughed. 

"Not so focused now are we Olivia?"

His eyes met mine again, and they were playful. I heard Niall mumble another "Tommo" under his breath. Then in that moment I found myself at a loss for words for the first time in years.