Chapter 45: Superkick

Monday Night Raw:

Onscreen:

The crowd gave Shawn a standing show of respect as they applauded for him. I just gave Triple H a cocky smile.

"Shawn," Triple H approached his best friend, "Please tell me she's kidding."

Shawn stayed silent before saying, "Do you remember that trainee I was telling you about? How impressed I was with her. How I may have found an amazing female wrestler who could be the future of women's wrestling. Well.... that was kind of her."

Triple H ran his hand over his face.

"And even you have to admit, even if you won't outloud, that she is very talented," I gave a small grin. Wow. I was getting complimented like crazy. Coming from a Hall of Famer meant a lot, "And yes, maybe she got some help, but she never went looking for help. Help always found her and by God, Hunter, you don't even know half the stuff she can do."

Triple H turned to me. I just shrugged at him.

"You know what. I'm glad, Lexi," Triple H muttered, "I'm glad that you have so many people backing you up. Even my best friend thinks of you so highly," Shawn shifted on his feet, not meeting Hunter's gaze, "So why don't we put those talents to the test, shall we? This Sunday is Summerslam, our second biggest pay per view, and you're going to have a match."

I nodded, a determined look on my face.

"As for your opponent," Triple H paused, "Well... you'll find out that at Summerslam when I give you an opponent of my choice. Good luck."

Triple H left the ring with Stephanie at his side without even giving any four of us a second glance. I looked at both Stone Cold and Lita. Steve gave me a simple nod.

Alright, Triple H. Give me what you got. I was ready.

Summerslam:

Offscreen:

I was preparing for my match. My first match at Summerslam. I should be nervous. Triple H probably thought I was sweating. The thing was, I was ready.

I punched the air, imagining the face of my opponent. The face I imagined just happened to be Stephanie's face.

I looked to my right and spotted Dean walking over. I smiled and stopped punching Stephanie.

"You need something to hit?" Dean put his hands up.

I immediately started punching them, "Actually, I was punching Stephanie, but that might have been my own imagination."

"We can dream, can't we?" Dean questioned.

I laughed in amusement, "Yeah, I suppose."

"Are you nervous for tonight?" Dean muttered to me.

"No," I said truthfully, "I feel like I should be, but I'm aware of what I can do. If anything, my opponent should be worried."

"I like the confidence," Dean praised.

"I better get going," I said with a smile as Dean groaned.

"Don't I at least get a kiss good bye or something?" Dean questioned when I tried walking away. He pulled me back into him.

I couldn't help but blush a little. I planted a soft kiss on his lips before pulling away, "Wish me luck."

"Good luck, kick some a**," Dean said just as I walked off.

Onscreen:

I was now waiting in the ring for my opponent. I was surprisingly not very nervous as I jogged in place in the ring, watching the ramp.