Chapter 6: The Past

Monday Night Raw:
Offscreen:
"So what kind of crazy things do we plan to do to the authority tonight?" I asked Dolph as I skipped down the hall in front of him.

"Whatever comes to my mind," Dolph said, "And stop skipping."

"I'm just trying to lighten the mood," I said with a smile.

"What happened to the bad girl?" Dolph asked in amusement.

"The bad girl can still be the happy girl," I told him, "It's not my fault you're always grouchy."

Dolph shook his head, "I'm always fun and happy."

"Nope," I said.

"You know what, I'm done with this negativity," Dolph said, walking off.

"Fine, I don't need you!" I called after him playfully, before adding, "You big Grouch!"

Onscreen:

I was having a match against Curtis Axel.

"I've got to say guys, Lexi is really going out here and proving that it doesn't matter how big or small, man or women, you can go out here and fight," Jerry commented as I took Axel down the a head scissors.

"Bow down to the queen!" I yelled at the fans as they cheered for me.

I turned back to Curtis just as he got up. I ran forward hit him with a drop kick, sending him flying out of the ring before I went right to the top rope.

"Flying Diva!" JBL exclaimed as I jumped, clotheslining Curtis to the floor.

I got back right to my feet and shoved Curtis in the ring. I waited for him to stand.

"And here's that zig zag type move we saw Lexi use to defeat Kane!" Cole exclaimed as I hit her with the spinning zigzag.

I pinned him quickly.

"1!"

"2!"

"3!"

A smile came on my face as I stood to my feet, spreading my arms out.

"And Lexi wins again," Cole said.

"I never thought I would say this about Lexi, but Bad News Barrett might have a challenge on his hands," JBL said as I bowed at the crowd.

I looked towards the stage when I heard the authorities theme come on.

"And Lexi may have a problem here, because the authority is in the house!" JBL exclaimed excitedly.

"Congrats, Lexi," Stephanie exclaimed, "You are really going out there and proving yourself to everyone. I mean, you just beat a former Intercontinental champion. Very impressive, I must admit. I mean, you came to WWE and right off the bat your beating superstars and your already going for a title, that's amazing."

I tilted my head at her, Go on, I thought, keeping my eyes on her.

"You've been working so hard," Steph said, "But really, Lexi, this is all you have worth fighting for is this business, these people, a championship."

Triple H nodded, "Other than that, what else does Lexi Ziggler have? I mean, your own parents thought you were trash."

I whipped my head around to look at him, a darkened look on my face.

Triple H laughed, "So it's true? Poor Lexi, did your parents care more about Dolph than you, even when you were their little girl?"

I glared at him.

"I mean, it's no wonder you are so independent, Lexi. I know living a dis functional family can be very hard on a person," Stephanie said.

"But let's face it." Triple H said, "I can see why your family didn't love you as a child. Literally, I can see it."

"What does he...." Jerry paused when a picture came up on the titantron. It was a girl with short, blonde hair, a chubby complexion, big front teeth and a rounder stomach. The clothes she was wearing also seemed to be to small for her. That girl was........ me.

The Authority burst out laughing as I put my eyes in my hands, trying to hold back tears.

"What is that disgusting creature," Triple H said in between his laughter, "Wait..... that's actually you."

Stephane chuckled, "Lexi, you were a little bent out of shape back then. I bet you must have got picked on a lot when you were kid. I'm surprised you didn't break the camera when you took that."

The memories started flooding through my head. The memories of my child hood, high school, all of it. The worst years in my entire life. I couldn't take it anymore. I got out of the ring and started walking up the ramp, looking down at the ground.

"Lexi, where are you going?" Stephanie said mockingly as I shoved past them and headed backstage.

Offscreen:

As soon as I got backstage, I started running down the hall, trying to get away from people. A few people asked me if I was OK, but I ignored them. I couldn't show them how effected I was. I would never do that again. It just gave people more of a reason to laugh and point.

I reached the bathroom at the edge of the arena and yanked the door open. I stepped inside and slammed the door shut behind me before I headed right to the sink. I turned the water on and started throwing the water on my face.

Calm down. Don't show it, I kept repeating in my head as I continued wiping my face.

After a while of this, I finally stopped and just looked up and stared at my reflection. Just staring at it made me think of everything again.

I spun around in surprise when I heard someone knock on the door, "Lexi?"

My stomach clenched when I recognized the voice. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"Go away," I told him, "I don't want to talk to anyone. I just want to be alone."

"Lexi, please open the door," he said, "I think you'll feel better if we talk about it."

"Seriously, leave. I don't want to talk about it with anyone," I stuttered.

The door opened out of no where and Dean appeared in the door. My mouth dropped open as I saw him toss a paper clip aside. Dean shut the door again.

"Don't touch me!" I snapped when he set his hand on my shoulder, "I told you not to come in here!"

Dean slowly moved his hand away, "I can relate to you, you know."

I stayed quiet as I wiped my eyes with my hands.

Dean sighed, "My parents never gave a sh*t about me either," Dean started tapping his shoulder with his hand, "I've always had to fend off for my own. The moment I could I got out of their. I haven't seen them in ten years."

I pulled my hair back, still not looking at him.

"You know when I looked at that picture, I didn't see some..... well as Triple H said it.... disgusting creature," Dean said, "I saw a strong girl who was going through rough times. You aren't that person in the picture anymore. Don't let what Stephanie and Hunter say get to you. You'll just be making them happy."

I finally looked up at him, "People are going to look at me weird."

"Who gives a sh*t about those people," Dean said, placing a hand on my shoulder. This time I didn't push it away, "They aren't the people that matter. The only people that matter are the ones who care about you."

I sniffed as I wiped my eyes again, "Ok."

Dean smiled, "See, now didn't that make you feel better."

I shrugged, "A little."

"Well, I guess my work here is done than," Dean said as he opened the bathroom door, "Are you going to be OK?"

I nodded.

"Ok, bye Lexi," he said before he walked off.

I watched him go, a little smile coming to my face.