Chapter 13

----Brianna's POV----
   "Why do you have to be so cute?" Hunter's words replay in my head while were watching Spongebob. Yes were watching Spongebob. Or I'm trying to watch Spongebob.

I can't believe he thinks I'm cute. Should I tell him I think he's cute to? No. I would if he actually told me he thinks I'm cute.

I wonder if that means he likes me? I think to much.

I don't know why I told him I didn't hear him. I guess I was just to shocked to think about what to say.

"Come eat dinner!" My mom screamed. Good timing to,because I was starting to get hungry.

Me and Hunter walked into the kitchen and while we were walking towards the table my dad was giving Hunter a dirty look.

"What's he doing here?" I heard my dad whisper to my mom as me and Hunter sat next to each other in the wooden chairs. "He's here to eat dinner with us" my mom said with a smile on her face. My dad just looked back and forth between Hunter and I. I wonder if he thinks were dating? I wish we were.

My mom sat four plates of food on the table in front of each one of us. Then she passed the forks and spoons around. "Thanks" Hunter said with a smile. I melt every time I see his smile. Not physically but mentally if that makes sense. I just confused myself. I always do. Anyways I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

After we're all done eating my mom picks up all of our plates and puts them in the sink. Then Hunter and I go into my room.

"Wanna broadcast?" He asks me. "No not really I just wanna talk" I reply. I hope this talk doesn't make our friendship awkward.

"Okay,what do you wanna talk about?" How do I start this conversation. I should've thought this through first.

"Um...do you really think I'm cute?" I ask looking down at my hands. "I'm guessing you did hear what I said earlier" he says nervously laughing. "Yeah,I did" this conversation is already awkward.

"Yeah I did mean it, I just didn't want to repeat it because I was afraid that it would ruin our friendship especially since you don't like me back that way,you know I didn't want to make our friendship awkward" he talks fast.

"So you do have a crush on me?" I ask smiling. "Yeah" he replies shyly. His cheeks are blood red and I guarantee mine are to.

"I-I have a crush on you to" I stutter. He smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen. "Really?" He asks. "Y-yeah" I got to stop stuttering.

"So if I ask you out you would say yes?" Would I? I'm not sure. I mean I really like him but what if we break up. I don't want to ruin our friendship. I should've known he would ask me out. I'll feel bad if I say no but I'm scared of not having him in my life anymore if we breakup. I don't know what to say.

"I would say let me think about" I hope I didn't hurt his feelings by saying that. " I do really like you I just have to make sure I'm ready for a relationship" I tell Hunter. "Yeah I understand" I can hear that sadness in his voice. I feel so bad. "I'll tell you what I would say if you asked tomorrow" I tell him. "Okay,well I got to go now I'll talk to you later" he walks out of my room.

"Thanks for the dinner" I hear him tell my parents who are still in the kitchen. "No problem I'll see you tomorrow" I hear my mom reply.

I shut my eyes and as soon as I do I feel wave of guilt wash over me. I feel so bad for giving him hope. I knew I shouldn't have said anything to him. I should've just kept my mouth shut and we would still be best friends. Now its going to be to awkward between us to even look at each other.

After about an hour of over thinking the little conversation between me and Hunter, I fell asleep.

----Hunter's POV----
   I hope she says yet. I know it might ruin our friendship if we breakup but I really want to be able to call her mine.

When I get home my mom asked me if I wanna go out to eat, but I told her I already eat. I post on all of my social media that I'm not going live tonight,then I change out of my jeans into some basketball shorts. I don't even know where these shorts came from to be honest.

I keep checking my phone for about an hour to see if she texts me her answer but she doesn't,so I try to close my eyes and go to sleep. I barley do get any sleep though. There are to many thoughts running through my head. I'm worried that's she's gonna say know and we aren't even going to be friends anymore. What have I done. I need to stop thinking out loud.

Luckily It's Sunday tomorrow and I got a couple hours of sleep.

When I wake up I'm not sure if I should go to Brianna's house or not. Finally after fifteen minutes of sitting on my bed ,I decide to not go, so she can have more time to think about the question I asked her yesterday.

'She's not going to say yes' a voice in my head says as I get off my bed. I hope she does. If she doesn't my life will probably be ruined.

Okay, maybe I'm over exaggerating but that's just how I feel.

I figured that I would take a shower because I have nothing better to do and it would help pass time.

When I get in the shower that's when every thought possible comes to mind.

If she doesn't answer me by tomorrow then its going to be awkward between us in every class. That's gonna suck because we have almost every class together.

If she says no we might not be friends anymore. 'You mean when she says no' the stupid voice in my head speaks once again.

What would I do if I didn't have her in my life at all.

I shove the thoughts away long enough for me to finish my shower. I wrapped a towel around my waist and walk to my room. When I get there I put on a pair of shirts and a grey shirt.

As I  walk down stairs I hear people talking. I recognize that voice. Its Brianna!

I thought that she wouldn't come over any time soon. Especially with having to think about if she wants to date me or not.

"Hey!" I said running towards her. "Hey" she says plainly with a smile on her face. I see Brandon sitting on the couch and tell him to go away. I didn't mean for it to come out harsh but I think it did. What ever. I could honestly care less right now.

"Hunter..." She pulls me down on the couch beside her. "I like you and all but I'm not sure if I want to date. I thought all night about it I could barley sleep" she looks down and plays with her fingers. "I don't want to lose you as my friend but I also don't want to hurt your feelings. Its really confusing for me." She starts to frown a little. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you asked me out I would probably say......."

A\N: CLIFF HANGER!😂😂 I hope you like this book so far. If you do make sure to vote and comment if you want. Also if you want comment some ideas for the story. I might use them.  :-)  :-) :-P