03

CHAPTER THREE
SMALL TALK

"What the hell was that?"

The same question had been exiting Stiles' mouth since the encounter with the deranged wolf. Stiles clearly didn't trust Leila and it made her blood boil. This started happening after the events of Theo introducing himself and why he was here. Apparently he knew Stiles and Scott in fourth grade.

"I told you two times already and I'll say it again. I don't know." Leila insisted she had no clue, yet Stiles said the opposite just to spite her. The pack in front of her seemed to be struck. They weren't sure who to believe.

"Oh c'mon guys. You can't seriously believe her. She literally showed up on the side of a road and claimed she didn't know anything. Then, we take her to the hospital where Melissa clearly said 'she doesn't have a heartbeat.' How are we supposed to trust that?" Stiles' argument was invalid, according to Leila. The group of teens was silent, each taking their own opinion of Leila. Scott was the first to speak.

"Stiles, she's just confused and doesn't remember anything. Give her a break. Let's go, we'll worry about this later." Scott ushered his friend to change the subject politely. Stiles complied, but he still held a grudge against Leila.

"Leila, we can help. Can you-" Leila cut Scott off before he could go any further. She knew if one person of their little gang didn't like her the rest would soon follow. Instead, she held up her hands, backing away and pursing her lips.

"No. I'll be fine. You guys obviously don't trust me, it'd be better if I stayed away." Leila turned, exiting the scene with her head hung low.

"Leila, do have anywhere to stay?" Scott asked her softly, almost scared to say the words. Leila halted her steps but didn't look back at him or look up. She nervously toyed with her fingers.

"No." her words were hard to pick up on. If Scott didn't have werewolf hearing he probably wouldn't have heard her.

"You can stay at my place, my mom won't mind." Leila didn't argue. Instead muttering 'okay' as Stiles discreetly gave Scott a glare for offering his house to her. Scott ignored it.

"Can you take me there now?" Leila spoke timidly, unsure of how to handle the situation. She lifted her head, turning around to look at Scott. He gave her a smile.

"Well, my friends and I wanna go to this Senior Scribe thing at school. Do you mind if we do it quickly and then come get you? Do you wanna come with us?" Scott fired off a series of questions. Leila shook her head.

"It's fine, I'll stay here."

The pack left to complete their 'Senior Scribe' which gave Leila and Theo an awkward time alone. Leila noticed the silence wasn't getting anywhere, and she was getting sick of how he kept staring at her.

"Are you gonna just stare at me or are you gonna say something?" Leila asked as she crossed her arms and slid down the wall to take a seat on the floor, back pressed against the wall. Theo chucked, shaking his head and taking a seat next to her.

"I'm just curious."

His statement sent Leila into a state of confusion, something she had been getting used to. She looked at him, eyebrows furrowed an lips pouting. Theo wasn't staring back.

"Why are you curious?" she lifted her head higher, gaining confidence. Theo glanced at her, smirking.

"We all heard what that man said." Theo started, the same malicious smirk on his lips. "Do you know what he was talking about?" he finished. Leila looked away, thinking about what he could've meant. When the man said what he said, she simply skimmed over it. But now that Theo was asking, she wasn't sure where to start.

"I don't know."

This was the only response she could think of. It's not like she specialized in reading in between the lines. Leila hadn't even met the man. Well, maybe she had. She did currently have amnesia. Theo responded with a hum, and with that they were led back into silence.

.........

"Hey, Leila, you ready?" Scott asked her once him and his pack finally arrived back to the area they left Theo and her at. Theo left a while ago, leaving only herself and a painful tear in her heart. Something was constantly gnawing at her, yet she didn't know what. Perhaps it was her memories trying to come back.

"Yea." she answered. Scott reached a hand down to her. Leila grabbed it and Scott helped pull her up off the ground. She sent him a thanks and with that Scott took her to his house.

.........

"Alright. I have some of my moms old clothes here and the bathroom is across the hall. Um, if you need anything just come in my room and ask. I'll ask Lydia tomorrow if she can give you some extra clothes." Scott rushed around the guest bedroom, tossing his mothers old pajamas onto the bed next to her. Leila sat on the bed, watching his hurried actions carefully.

"Okay." she said quietly. Scott slowed down, standing in front of her and sighing.

"I know it's hard. But trust me, my friends and I are going to help you." he reassured her but Leila only scoffed.

"Your friends don't like me very much." Leila only stated the obvious, something Scott knew. He gave her a smile, laughing to himself.

"That's only Stiles. He gets paranoid sometimes. Once he realizes you're good he'll accept you. Trust me." Leila knew better. He would never trust her because she wasn't good. She was something far from it, actually.

After a pause of silence, Scott said, "Goodnight." and made his way to the door, stepping out and about to close it when Leila stopped him.

"Scott," he raised his eyebrows, opening the door again to see her. "Thank you." Scott grinned, nodding his head.

"You're welcome, Leila."

.........

#HelpLeila2k16

this chapter is horrible and is such a filler i apologize in advance omg

vote, comment & follow me