01

CHAPTER ONE
FILTHY PRIDE

There was something so comforting about darkness.

The way it had consumed Leila made her feel a sense of... security. She knew that when being surrounded by darkness, you didn't have to deal with reality. You were in your own world when darkness entered you.

It was odd. How once before she was an innocent human girl that got played with like a toy by evil. Now though, she was different. The darkness had consumed her in a new way.

It went from the inside out now. The darkness was inside her. Flowing through her veins and taking up space in her heart.

She felt alive.

It was quite ironic. She was dead after all.

............

Leila awoke with a hunger. Her eyes opened as she simultaneously gasped and sucked in air like it was the first time her lungs felt oxygen.

Her first thought was how she could possibly be breathing in this moment. She died. She isn't supposed to be awake.

Her body was still as her eyes scanned the area. Her head moved along with her eyes and she took notice of the trees, which led her to her second thought; where the hell was she?

Her body started to free from its current state of numbness. She felt the scratchy surface her body had been placed on. It was wood and was very large. She knew it was a tree considering she was surrounded by them and it only made sense.

Leila slowly removed herself from the cut down tree and managed to plop down on the grassy floor, her body getting into a crawling position and agonizingly clawing at the grass.

She was so weak and so hungry.

............

The Carmen girl had finally managed a standing position after the long time of crawling and trudged through the woods, shoulders slumped and face pale.

Leila had been walking for only a few minutes when a jogger spotted her. The jogger stopped and pulled out her earphones, running to Leila.

"Hey, are you okay? You don't look too good." her eyebrows furrowed as she scanned the pale and helpless girl. Leila was in a daze as she echoed out the joggers voice and the lady leaned closer to her.

All she heard was her heartbeat. The blood pulsing through the woman's veins. She stared at the pumping vein showing in her neck. The brunette's body was screaming at her to do something and she felt an odd change in her face.

Leila didn't even know what she doing until her face was buried in her neck and she was drinking her blood. It didn't take long for the woman to drop dead and Leila to feel her body strengthening and her face going back to its natural tan color.

She knew she should be horrified about the fact that she just drank human blood and she liked it, but it didn't feel like it was inhuman and wrong. It felt like a natural instinct when she drank blood.

It felt normal.

............

Leila had finally reached a road when the sudden realization hit her.

She just killed someone.

She murdered them in cold blood and didn't feel any sort of remorse until now. She stopped walking, tears filling her eyes and she collapsed on the side of the road.

She whimpered, tears flowing freely down her red cheeks. She could still feel the blood that stained her lips from her recent kill, and that made her cry harder.

She wore the blood of an innocent victim on her hands. She wore it with a filthy pride.

And that made her cry. It shattered her heart to know she could ever do such a thing to anyone.

Leila hadn't even noticed the approaching of a baby blue Jeep until it stopped in front of her. Two boys got out, them both looking around Leila's age.

Scott walked to the girl, Stiles following in pursuit. When Scott reached her, he crouched down next to her and tenderly placed his hand on her shoulder. Leila flinched away and lifted her head once she felt the hand, revealing her blood stained chin and neck to the boys, the blood being mixed with her salty tears causing it to look fresh.

Scott and Stiles were shocked, for sure, but not as shocked as Leila expected them to be. She didn't know, though, the things they had seen before that were much worse.

"Hey, we're here to help, alright? We can take you to the hospital and you can tell them what happened." one of the boys soothed her with a soft voice, the other watching intently. He stood, reaching his hand out so she could grab it. She delicately and warily placed her hand in his, still choking on tears. He helped her up, wrapping his arm around her waist and placing her hand across his shoulders, so he could help her walk.

"Stiles, open the door to the back." the boy holding her said to the other. He ran around the car and opened the door just when they reached it. The one holding her helped her in the car, closing the door and getting in the passenger side, the other one starting the car from the front seat.

Leila had her eyes glazed over, replaying her kill in the back of her mind, not even noticing the young boy next to her who stared at her intently.

As Scott and Stiles were distracted with their thoughts, Liam's werewolf hearing was on overdrive from the full moon. All he heard was the thumping of hearts and the engine of the car.

Something felt weird though.

He looked to the girl seated next to him, a dazed look in her eyes. He listened in to find out what felt weird with her.

Three heartbeats.

There were four people in the car.

............

okay so here's a few things about Leila's transformation. (remember, vampires in this book were never real until Leila - she's the first vampire)

• she is not going to be burned by the sun so she won't need a daylight ring
• she's not going to know about other vamp powers until later on (vamp speed, compulsion, etc.) & she finds out about those on accident (ex: she really needs someone to forget something and tells them to forget and accidentally figures out compulsion)
• humanity switches are a thing & hers will be off soon ;)

vote, comment & follow me