“The boss?” I asked.

“Yeah Mr. Cavelli and a few other employees.” the bartender said.

“Oh,” I replied.

I sat there for a couple more minutes as I tried to catch bits and pieces of conversations around me. Some were talking about the guy who was found dead and who they believed could be responsible as well as talks about the boss.

“Simon, give me a drink.” a guy called out to the bartender as he came and sat on the stool beside me with a sigh.

“The regular sir?” The bartender asked.

“Something stronger,” he replied as he leaned his arms on the counter.

I turned to glimpse at him and almost started drooling. I found it hard to believe that one guy could be that hot and good-looking. He was the epitome of 'Lexi's type of guys', the type of guys you'd usually see on the cover of a magazine and advertising those Calvin Klein underpants- the sexy male models. He looked to be in his mid or late twenties but also quite mature. His dark hair was messy as if he had run his fingers through it a million times and the little stubble which grown on his face, made him looked ten times sexier. I quickly look away though not wanting to be caught staring.

“Thanks, Simon,” the guy replied as the bartender placed his drink in front of him. In almost one gulp he finished his drink and placed the glass back on the counter.

“Another one please,” he instructed Simon who nodded at him as he took up the glass.

I glanced at him once more and noticed how his jaw seemed to be clenched. He must have felt my eyes on him because he turned to look at me, but I quickly turned back my head and adverted my eyes down to my drink in my hands.

“Here you go, sir,” Simon said as he placed another drink in front of him. This time he only nods at Simon who went back to doing his job. I glanced at him to see him pull a cigarette from his pocket, placed it between his lips, and lit it.

I groaned slightly. Why do all hot attractive guys have to smoke? I hated smoking and from what I had noticed with most people who smoked, it tends to leave a funny stale after scent which wasn't very attractive.

“Oh, I'm sorry. Am I bothering you with my smoking?” I heard him said.

I turned to look at him and realized he was talking to me. I also noticed he spoke with an accent that was definitely not American and strong, one that I've recognized from meeting and living with Alphonso--Italian.

“No, no it's okay.” I shook my head. I was still using my British accent.

“I'm sorry, that was rude of me. I shouldn't even be smoking in here, I just got a little stressed.” he apologized as he put out the cigarette in an ashtray that was on the counter.

“It's fine, I understand,” I said to him.

“Of course it isn't, this is a no-smoking zone anyway,” he said as he took up his glass and put it to his lips.

I turned my attention back to my drink which I was nursing for a while as I took a sip now and then. I had noticed how his fingers gripped the glass tightly which caused u the muscles in his forearm to bulge. He seemed to be tensed and upset about something.

“Uhm... I don't know if it is my place to say...” I said hesitantly which caused him to turned his full attention to me. “...but if you grip that glass any tighter, I'm pretty sure it's going to give way right there in your hand. You're probably going to hurt yourself.”

“Yeah you're probably right he chuckled as he loosened his grip on the glass.

“Definitely, I would not like to be that glass right now. Whatever it did that got you that mad at it” I joked as I noticed the tension seemed to be eased a bit.

That got him laughing a bit which was the most beautiful thing I had heard in a while. He then extended his hand out to me and introduced himself. “I'm Gio”.

“Lexi,” I said to him as I took his outstretched hand and shook it.

“Thanks, Lexi, I needed that cheering up.” he smiled at me as we withdrew our hands.

“No problem, we all have our down days at times,” I assured him.

“Yeah, and work stress,” he said. “So, you're British?”

“Yeah” I nodded.

“Noticed the accent.” he nodded before his phone started ringing.

“Lucas?... Yeah... I'll be there in a minute,” he answered his phone then hung up.

“It was nice meeting you Lexi,” he said as he got up.

“Yeah, you too” I smiled at him as he smiled back and walked off.

“I see you've met the boss,” Simon said as he came back in front of
me with a little smirk.

“Boss?” I choked out as I looked at him with wide eyes.

“Yep,” Simon the bartender nodded.

“That was the club's owner Mr. Cavelli.”

What? That was The Mr. Cavelli? I had no idea. Well, he was definitely a hot one and very pleasant to the eyes. This just makes finding out information about him all the more fun. I thought to myself.