I had recently finished and returned from college a few months ago. I had studied business administration as well as accounting and as promised, Dad gave me a restaurant of my own to manage. That was his way of helping me to start with becoming my own boss. Dominic too had become CEO for his chain of hotels and restaurant businesses and Dad had decided to step down and handed over the position of leader of the Mafia to him. In what seemed to me like a short time, a lot had happened and changed.

Things had started changing years ago when I was kidnapped and almost killed by my so-called boyfriend and his stupid uncle. Things changed when both of them lost their lives to me as a result. That was my first time killing anyone, and it almost affected me intensely for a while if it weren't for the help of mom who had acted as my personal therapist/ psychologist, as well as the antidepressants that helped me to remained calm in times I would have probably freaked out.

Years had passed before I had killed again. It was never something I had planned on doing or thought that I would have ever done again, but I was pushed to do so. The second time was when two guys tried to violate me that night at the gas station — I called it self-defense. There was no way I could've sat still and allowed myself to be raped by creeps. After that, I had eventually started accepting that my life would never be the same again. I had learned that acceptance was the best way to cope with everything, denial and guilt were the two main things that kept you down and destroyed you. I didn't want to fall into that dark place once again like I had when I refused to accept what had happened to my parents. Even though it wasn't easy, I was determined to push through. Not many young adults would've ever been able to deal with the things I had dealt with but living with the Luciano's made me strong. They had taught me how to fight to survive every possible hardship in life.

The third time I had killed, was about four and a half months following the second. I had visited home in April and attended a business event with my family. We were on our way back from the business party when we were hijacked by six guys. They were a part of another rival Mafia group and were apparently set up. Our regular driver was knocked unconscious in the front of our limousine and one of the guys had pretended to be our driver. He had brought us where the others were where we were supposed to be ambushed. Fortunately, Dad had caught on to the ploy and shoved a gun in my hand.

'Protect yourself as good as possible, He had said to me 'Shoot anyone on the opposite side of those doors'

When the car stopped we were surrounded but the second the doors opened, no questions were asked- a shoot-out ensued. Killing wasn't something I enjoyed, but I knew that at a moment like that, I had no choice once again. It was either kill or be killed. I had managed to shot one of the guys- the fake driver, Dad had shot three of them, Mom shot another while the sixth one, unfortunately, got away. That was the first time my family had ever seen me in action and the first time I saw them in action. I didn't even know Mom had it in her but from what I had seen, I knew it was not her first. I looked up at her and I thought, if she could get through things like this each day, then I could too.

After that third time, it was like all my inhibition went out the window. I knew that the old me was gone because I had felt nothing when I made those shots. I had noticed that each time a new kill had been made, strangely enough, I felt a sense of... strength and power and I loved the feeling it gave me... The feeling of being in control. I had become numb to the thought of death. It wasn't like I had started to enjoy killing without a reason but when I thought about it, I had lost my biological family because of some heartless bastards. There was no way I would sit back and allowed my new family to be taken away from me in the same manner.