Immortality - Updated

First Entry: The world is ravaged and I am the last person on Earth. I made a deal and it was the worst mistake of my life. I am now immortal, I've lived through WW2 in 1949 and WW3 in 2107, and I've seen so many things a normal person should never deal with having to witness. The world ended long...long ago.

The world ended slowly at first, with the endangerment of species necessary for the food chain along with excessive deforestation for new homes due to overpopulation. Not to add on the fact the ozone layer we had was being destroyed faster than it could repair itself. Needless to say, us humans ruined the world. By the time we realized what we were doing to the earth it was too late. Nobody could stop the onslaught of destruction we wrought upon ourselves.

Those who did catch the early warning signs, such as myself, were ignored saying we were paranoid or wrong. America's president didn't even believe that global warming was a real thing, which didn't help the least bit.

Life as I know it now is lonely. Being the last living human, and I haven't encountered any animals in a decade or two, is terrible to live through. I have tried to kill myself many times. I threw myself off a cliff, I drowned in the ocean a few times, I hung myself and shot myself. Yet I healed. I lived through the pain of a bullet through the brain yet my body rejected the bullet and healed the wound within minutes. The broken bones and bleeding organs healed after hours of laying in agony along the rocky ground.

None of those wounds were as bad as losing everyone I loved in the beginning, along with everyone I loved throughout my long expanse of a life. I do not know the exact day today...if I have been keeping track correctly it is somewhere in December, and right now it's warm due to me being in what's left of Australia. The year is probably around 2293, and I couldn't tell the exact date even if I wanted to.

Second Entry: I don't enjoy remembering the before times before I was an immortal...before the world deteriorated before my very own gray eyes. I shudder to even think of the aftermath. All of the destruction and death and misery. I sit upon a destroyed wicker chair, the wood digging into my skin as this salvaged pencil scratches along a journal I found hidden in an old desk. From the pages I could see in the beginning, this person knew we were destroying the earth too. Needless to say, I haven't heard any music in a few decades. The last mortal human died approximately 90 years ago and since then, everything has stopped working. Any brand new battery packages have been useless to me along with anything else electrical.

The world without animals is a terrible one, no trees or flowers or any other living organism besides me. I find clothing every now and then that I can change into, not too terribly worn or ravaged. Currently, I'm wearing a short pink sundress, the hem ending at my knees. I don't pay much attention to my appearance, but it's nice to have a semi-new outfit every now and then.

Such things as paper and pencil are rare too. I fill my time scavenging but it isn't as if I need to. I don't need to use the restroom, or sleep, or eat or even sleep. I can go into a coma-like sleep but I am still acutely aware of everything.

I don't think I can take it. I don't know why I ever accepted His deal...did He know this would happen to me? Was this in His plan all along? It seemed too good to be true at the time and now I realize it was. I need to talk to Him. He is only being who may be able to help me out.....

Third Entry: So...I just came back from talking to Him. He graciously extended an offer for me to debate. I have two options; continue being an immortal and "live" on what was once known as Earth, or I can die and go to Hell, spending the rest of eternity with Him. I need some time to think, but I don't have much left...