I roll my eyes, not backing down. "And you haven't seen mom or cared about her since you left all those years ago. You hate her with every fiber of your being so don't try to make me feel better by going to sit with her. You don't care for her so don't act like it." I say turning around and looking out the window as thunder crashes. "I wish you knew of all the things that mom has done for you, for us like I do. If only you knew how screwed up her home life used to be you would understand. But you and Brayden don't, you don't know how much she sacrificed for us." I say not looking out the window, my head resting on the cold glass as I look out at the swaying trees. 

She doesn't say anything as I hear her get up from the bed, grab the plate and go towards the door. She pauses for a moment, opening her mouth to say something before closing it and walking away, closing the door behind her softly. 

I sigh and close my eyes at this. I have yet hurt another person; let's just add that onto the list of guilt for me. Opening my eyes I look out at the trees again, my eyes narrowing on a set of blue eyes looking at me through the trees. Preston. Seeing me catch him he peaks his head out a little more from the bushes. 

Biting my lip I look at the drenched fur and soft shaking that's coming from him. He was going to end up getting sick if he doesn't go home. I should have gone out there for him. I should have opened up my window and motion him to come in. I should have grabbed a pair of clothes from my brother and let Preston change and stay the night with me. I should have done the right thing. But all I did was move away from the window as a loud crash of thunder rolled in and closed my blinds, shutting his view from me. 

Trudging back to my bed I curl up into a tiny ball and let the darkness take over once more. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................ 

You're too weak. The voice hisses in the dark. 

Whirling around in the darkness I search the darkness for the voice but can't see anything. I was in the middle of the forest, the trees and moss dying and turning black. The wind was howling and I felt myself get colder and colder.  

Hearing growling and what sounded like footsteps running my way I dart forward, pushing myself to my limit trying to escape the growling and snapping. I felt like prey while I was running, tripping over my own feet as I ran. 

Always weak. The voice whispers. I felt a breath on the back of my neck making me take a sharp left to get away from it. 

"Leave me alone." I shout whirling around to face the beast but there was nothing there, my chest heaves as I drag in deep mouthfuls of air. I search the darkness turning every now and then when I hear dark chuckles or whispered words. 

Too weak, you can't stop it from happening, you can't stop me. The voice growls out behind me turning my eyes widen at the scene in front of me. 

In the middle of a meadow bodies lie both in wolf form and in human. Blood soaking up the ground, splattered on the trees and leaves. I felt my stomach heave at the bloody sight before me. Clutching my stomach I back up into something solid. 

Turning around I see my father loom over me in his wolf form, snarling and growling. Gulping I move back slowly, my eyes widening in shock upon seeing him. He hunches forward and stalks toward me

You can't stop me from tearing your throat out, from destroying your pack and your darling little mates pack. He snarls inside my mind. 

I trip over a body and I feel myself fall hard onto my back. Flicking my head over I let out a scream at the body that lies beside me. Preston lies beside me naked and drenched in blood. His blue eyes were glazed, the light in them gone as they stare at me lifelessly. His throat tore out of his body, deep scratches cover his body.