A crashing plate is heard from inside the kitchen and seconds later, Blake is rushing towards the table.

"What?" We all question in shock and Justus grabs her hand as he kisses her knuckles.

"We're three weeks in." He fills in, turning to give us a wide grin. "I'm finally going to be a dad."

My mom, Nichole, and Blake are the first to stand up to hug them. Then it's Emily, Julian, and I.

"Congratulations." We all say and Patricia breaks down into happy tears, as does Nichole.

"We're so happy for you." Nichole sobs and I look over at Emily with my eyebrows creased, and she shrugs.

"She's very sentimental." Julian explains and I fix my attention on him. He gives me a small smile and I return it.

"Mom," Emily calls as she taps her shoulder and Nichole turns to look at her daughter.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Is it okay if we go to the mall?" She asks, jerking her thumb back towards me. "I need a flannel for my planned outfit on Monday."

She nods her head. "Of course, sweetie. Just be back before dinner."

"I will. Later, love you." She says and begins to tug me out of the kitchen.

"Love you too."

When the door shuts behind us, I turn to raise an eyebrow at her. "Was that really your reason to go to the mall? Or do you even need to go to the mall?"

She texts away on her phone, before turning to wink at me. "Nope. I can easily steal one of yours." She replies, going back to her phone. "Ricky is meeting us at the park, he's bringing his brother too so you can talk to him."

"Emily," I complain, letting out a groan. "I already told you, do not push any guys my way."

She throws her phone into her bag and grabs my hand, dragging me towards her car. "Come on, please. He's really cute."

I sigh, waiting for her to unlock the car before getting into the passenger's seat and putting on my seatbelt. "He better be."

"He is." She reassures, slamming the driver's door behind her as she fixes her seatbelt and starts the engine.

I look out the window, mentally wishing that I was still inside her house with sobbing adults.

* * *

"What's your favorite color?" Ricardo's brother, Emmett - who is 9 years old - asks me yet another question and I rip out a piece of grass from the ground.

"Blue." I answer in a bored tone.

"Mine's green." He tells me. "Favorite artist or band?"

"The All American Rejects."

He nods his head in approval. "My brother likes that band too. I like Linkin Park."

"Nice." I comment, looking over to see Emily and Ricardo walking hand in hand by the lake.

Oh, I would so push you into the damn water, Emily Ryder.

"What do you like to eat?" Emmett's question makes me snap my attention back to him.

"Food." I reply, and laughter erupts from his chest.

"No, silly." He tries to calm his laughter, doing so after a few more minutes. "Like, what's your favorite food?"

"Oh," I mumble, leaning my head back against the tree behind me. "I can eat spaghetti everyday if I could. Does that count as a favorite?"

He shrugs his shoulders, fixing his attention to a dog running around. "I'm sorry, am I boring you?"

I look back down at him and give him a small smile. "No, of course not. It's just that my butt is actually starting to feel numb. How long have we been sitting here?"

He tilts his head to the side in deep thought, looking over to the couple who are now sitting on the swing sets. "I would have to say, approximately like forty minutes."

A soft groan leaves my lips as I stand up and Emmett follows soon after, running towards a nearby ball that the dog was having a hard time finding.

I pat my butt clean and let out a sigh as I sit down on a nearby bench, watching Emmett play with the dog now.

Why didn't we sit here in the first place? I ask myself and shake my head as I chuckle.

Emmett throws the ball for the dog to fetch and I manage to smile when the dog doesn't take long to bring the ball back to him.

I feel my phone vibrate in the back pocket of my jeans and I take it out, not checking the caller ID before I answer.

"Hello?"

"Courts!" Alexander's voice sounds from the other end of the line and I mutter a profanity. "Language." He speaks teasingly and I roll my eyes, although he can't see me.

"What do you want?" I snap, taking the ball from the dog's mouth when he approaches me.

"Woah, someone's on their days."

I throw the ball as hard as I can.

"Go to hell." I mutter, giving Emmett a smile when he turns to give me a confused look.

"Where are you right now?" He asks me and I pat the dog on the head when he returns to give me the ball again.

"That doesn't concern you." I answer, throwing the ball to Emmett and he catches it, but the dog jumps on him and he falls to the ground.

He laughs hysterically as the dog attacks him with slobbery kisses and I chuckle to myself.

"What's so funny?"

My smile instantly fades as I hear his voice again. "What do you want?" I repeat, already getting annoyed by him.

"Why didn't you come home last night?" He questions and I huff, crossing my right leg over my left.

"And you care, why?"

He stays silent for a few moments before he decides to speak again. "I have the right to ask."

I look up at the sky and mentally pray to God that he gets hit in the head with something, preferably something hard; like a bat, with spikes.

"And I have the right to not give you an answer." I mock, keeping an eye on Emmett. "Listen, I'm a little busy right now so please let me end this pointless call."

He grumbles. "You're such a fucking tease!"

"Excuse me?" I ask, bewildered. "A tease!? How in hell do I even come close to a tease!?"

"Oh, I don't know!" His voice is loud against my ear, so I pull my cellphone away a few inches. "Let's start with the remote control incident! Ring a damn bell!?"

"You weren't giving me the remote yourself." I reason, keeping my voice down. "So I took it to my own hands."

"You gave me a fucking boner! Damn hell!"

I choke on my own spit.

"So I had to call in Ms. Stuffs-her-bra because you left me sexually frustrated! But even then I didn't get any that day!" He continues and I shut my eyes tightly, feeling my cheeks heat up in anger.

"And that's the way you handle your problems?" I seethe through clenched teeth, making sure that Emmett is out of earshot. "Listen, I understand you're a damn player." I tell him, my anger getting the best of me as I continue to speak. "But you and I won't ever get into a bed together. If you want to know why, then your answer will be that I don't set myself down that low. I know my place, and that certainly isn't in a bed where several girls have already been."

And with that I end the call, letting out a frustrated huff.

✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿❀✿

She's going to be forever alone lmao. Pushing away everyone. That's just the way she's supposed to be, guys. Sorry, this is shorter than the last chapter but I just needed to update! I'm so grateful for one million views! I love you all so much! Okay, bye!

❤︎Much Love with Hugs & Kisses❤︎

Kimmy Hers 💋