Chapter 1:Meet Alex, Ella's Stepsister

Start from the beginning

"I hope you'll find yourself at home here," said King Kit, looking down at me. That's right, your majesty, prove how little I am. Despite the thought of answering something like that, I flashed him a smile.

"I, as well, your majesty." I was about to take a bow, you know sign of courtesy and stuffs, when Ella stopped me.

"Don't do that. We're practically sisters, Alex." She reasoned. She turned to the king for approval and found him nodding in agreement at what she just said. Ha. She gave him a smile and turned her attention back at me. "You know, there's a maze in the garden."

My eyes went wide. "Really?!"

"Yeah," the king answered for her and I mentally jumped excitedly. "Anyway, alex, can you do me a favour, don't call me your majesty or King Kit cause I'll be honest, I'm feeling quite old with those and I'm only 21! You have my blessing on calling me Kit. Just Kit."

I laughed. "Alright, Mr. Just Kit. Now can I have your blessing on going to the maze?"

They turned to each other, eyes talking. And then Kit went to ruffle my hair. "Of course, kiddo."

This time, I did not jump mentally since it's not an imaginary jump anymore. I hugged them as thanks as they're giving me the directions to the garden. Running along, all I could think about was how whipped Kit is. I grinned to myself.

When I've already reached the front of the entrance of the maze, I hesitated about going in. What will happen if I got lost in there and nobody will ever find my body? I could die, for goodness' sake!

I slowly stepped back from it and that's when I heard a voice behind me speak. "Scared?"

I turned around and found myself in front of a young man. Almost like a younger version of Kit with his dark brown messy hair, dimples, plump and very soft-like lips and his eyes. It's blue as the sky during summers. Filled with wonder and amazement. He flashed me a smirk. "Close the mouth, honey. I know I'm gorgeous but you don't have to stare that long."

I narrowed my eyes at hm. I didn't even realize I was gaping!

Anyway, what a cocky prince ( I figured that he could be Kit's brother) he is. Despite the urge to disagree with what he just said and the tempting sensation of wanting to strangle him, I asked him the most obviously lame question I could come up with. "You're Clint, right? Kit's brother?"

"Yeah, I am. And may I asked who you are, madame?" he paused for a bit. "-And what are you doing here in the palace's garden?"

"Well, I'm with Ella." I answered with confidence. "And I'm only thirteen."

He looked confuse for a second. "Thirteen? That's your name? A number?"

"No! I was just stating my age because you know, you looked like you're flirting with me and that's a way of saying I'm out of bounds."

He rolled his eyes. "Who said I was flirting? And well, I'll be out of here already, anyway so 'us' is an impossible thing. Hope that wouldn't make things awkward."

"Nah, I'm too young to understand stuffs anyway so who cares," I said, throwing the subject away which is a big mistake since after that, silence surrounded us.

I noticed that the sun was already about to set so I asked him to walk with me to the castle. He smiled this time. Not a cocky smirk. "So you're with the new queen, huh?" I gave him a nod and he grinned. "I adore her, you know. I think she's amazing for my brother."

"Yeah. I think so, too." I agreed.

"So how come I didn't see you at the ball?" he suddenly asked.

I shrugged. "I was asleep. Balls aren't really my thing."

He laughed. "Asleep? When the king, the ruler of the kingdom you're in, decided to throw a ball, you just shrug it off and sleep? I could see how much of a troublemaker you are."

"I didn't realize I have to go, okay. I mean, I'm only thirteen. What makes you think I'm interested in a ball that has a purpose of looking for a bride for the prince?" I said, trying to knock some sense into his brain.

He smiled, shaking his head. "You're something else. C'mon, it's already dinner time." Without warning, he snatched my hand and pulled me towards the castle with him. I tried to keep up with him since he didn't notice that his legs are longer than mine which means that he's faster than me. I must admit, I'm quite shocked. I'm not really used to this kind of thing, the holding hands thing. I shrugged it off seems it looks like it's usual for people like him.

He led me to the dining hall where Ella and Kit are already seated. Clint pulled a chair for me beside Ella. I gladly took it with me thanking him.

"I must say, that's very charming of you, Clint." Kit teased, smiling playfully at Clint who takes a sit at his left side.

Clint scowled at his brother, "Shut up, your majesty."

Paying no attention to them anymore, I stared in front of me. This is the longest table I have ever seen. One more amazing thing about that is, it's filled with lots of food. Like if I could describe what heaven looks like, I'd say this. This is heaven.

"Well," Kit started. "We should probably dig in now. Alex's probably dying to eat everything now." He joked. They laughed with him while I just ignored them. I didn't get offended. Why would I when he's telling the exact truth about my existence. So I did 'dig in', the moment he said that. Talk about manners. But who cares?

Once that we're already done eating, Kit and Ella stood up to have their own little time with themselves. I stared at their retreating backs as they went. They're both awesome and lovely, I hope they make cool babies. The coolest babies of their generation, that could do it. They'll be way cooler than me.

A soft boyish chuckle interrupted my thoughts and I looked up to see Clint, looking very amused. "You're daydreaming and you're very cute."

"Whoah. Remember boy, I'm out of bounds."

"I know. I wasn't trying anything. Besides, you're two years younger than me. As innocent as pie," he concluded.

I raised an eyebrow, "What does pie have to do with innocence?"

He shrugged. "How adorable. You didn't deny at the same time you really look innocent," he laughed at himself. "Anyway, it was nice meeting you Alex. And oh?"

"Hm?"

"Do you want to hang of with me and York tomorrow?"

"Is it me or is it really a dog's name?"

"He's a horse"

"Oh," I bit the inside of my cheek from embarrassment. "Well sure. I would love to hang out with you guys."

He stood from his chair and looked at me, grinning. "Nice. Good night, Alex."

I sighed as I stared at his retreating figure. "Andthen there was one."    

~

I'm dedicating the story to CJustMe because i love her and her stories. She's totally awesome. His BubbleGum Klutz is made by a genius. Jayeela will live and Aqueela will conquer the universe!

How is it? Bad? Too short?

I made the cover and yeah, i quite suck at editing photos.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it, my favourite people!

Toodles!