35 - Mr. & Mrs. Teng

Magsimula sa umpisa

To: Mika Reyes

Please be present today...|

Masyadong needy pakinggan.

Aisshh, this girl.

To: Mika Reyes

Bawal ma-late ah. Pag na-late, may punishment.

Sent.

Ok na yan, para matakot siya.

My phone beeped in less than a minute.

From: Mika Reyes

Opo, sir! Bawal mag-absent ah!

Of course not.

The one you love, you don't leave her hanging. You fight for her. You win her. And treasure her... all the days of your life.

*****

The clock finally struck three on the 21st of May.

Wearing a simple white dress, Mika stood behind the door of one of the offices in the city hall as she felt the butterflies in her stomach come alive.

She then closed her eyes and took a deep breath before pushing it open.

Slowly she walked towards her groom, towards the life she has chosen to live.

Despite the oddness of the situation, Mika couldn't deny how attractive Jeron looked as he stood in his gray suit, waiting for her.

"Ang pangarap ko lang naman noon, magpakasal sa taong mahal ko...

Andito na ako.

And the better part is that I get to fulfill my father's dream.

That's more than enough.", she thought and a small smile appeared on her face.

On the other end of the room, a thousand thoughts collided inside Jeron's head as he watched his lovely bride walk down the aisle.

To him, Mika was and will always be his angel, and how he wished the situation was a bit different for them. How he wished he could give her a more magical wedding that she deserves.

While he has heard his sisters and his mom talk about how significant this event is for a woman, Mika just gave it up for the love of her family.

"Hindi ko man masabi mamaya, I vow to spend my life showering you with the best kind of love I could give, because you're my favorite person in the world.", he thought as he held her hand and they stood side by side in front of the officiant.

"We are gathered here to witness and celebrate the wedding of Jeron Alvin Teng and Mika Aereen Reyes."