21 - King Archer's Lair

Lair
n. a place where someone hides or where someone goes to be alone and to feel safe or comfortable

MIKA

If Jeron's ascendants had one gene of kulit, that gene probably mutated into thousands when he was born.

Minsan sa kagustuhan mong tumigil na siya sa pangungulit, mapapa-oo ka na lang eh.

Parang yung nangyari lang kagabi.

It's the start of November's long weekend. Last hurrah before second sem begins.

Right after my noon shift at FEast, I went straight home to prepare. According to him, we're going to have dinner at their home in the south.

I chose to wear a spaghetti-strapped floral dress which reaches just above my knees and topped it with a chic denim jacket.

"Mika! Ready?!", I heard him shout from downstairs.

"One minute!"

I opened the door and saw him standing there, wearing a green polo shirt and a white pair of shorts.

"Lakas maka-La Salle ah.", comment ko.

"Syempre. Proud eh. Did you bring change of clothes?", he asked all of a sudden.

"Ha? Bakit? May basaan bang ganap dun?"

"Wala. But we'll be spending the night there."

ANO?!

"Oy teka teka lang. Wala yan sa kontrata ah. Bakit biglang may overnight?"

"Kasi hindi ako papayagan nina Mom mag-drive back here since it'll be late."

Hay andito na 'to eh. Nakabihis na ako.

Susko talaga, Teng.

Pasalamat ka gwapo ka sa paningin ko ngayon.

*****

"Juskolord. Nananaginip ba ako o milyonaryo lang talaga 'tong katabi ko?", Mika thought as they entered an exclusive subdivision in Alabang.

It's almost 5 PM at di niya namalayang nakatulog pala siya buong byahe.

Mas lalo siyang kinabahan nang huminto sila sa harap ng isang malaking gate at bumusina si Jeron.

"Huy siguruhin mo lang na tama 'tong pinapasok mo ah. Mamaya may lumabas na malaking aso dyan, lapain tayo ng buhay."

Jeron laughed at her imagination.

"I told you, you watch too many movies. Relax ka lang, ok?"

They stopped in front of the house and Mika was mesmerized by the cottage design of its exterior.

It looked more like a vacation house to her.

"Stay here. Check ko lang sa loob."

Mika stayed in the car and waited.

Jeron pushed the front door open and was surprised to see his whole family in the living room - his parents, his brother Jeric and his wife, and his two sisters Almira and Alyssa. Joining them was her Achi Almira's six-year-old daughter, Kylie.