Chapter 7: Bells

"Ryuzaki..." Light was speechless. He was still trying to make out the words the detective had spoke to him. "Ryuzaki... that means a lot." He smiled, the words finally registering in his brain.

After hours of holding each other, they finally let go.

"You should go get some rest, Light-kun. You've been working hard these past few days," Ryuzaki insisted.

"I'll only go rest if you rest as well," Light concluded.

"Okay. Deal," the detective agreed. He walked over and laid down on his bed, facing away from Light and waiting for the younger to leave the room.

Originally, Ryuzaki had no intention of sleeping or relaxing for the night. In his eyes, there was still work to be done. But of course, Light didn't leave the room. He laid down next to the detective, wrapping his arms around Ryuzaki's waist.

"What are you doing?" Ryuzaki asked Light, trying to keep his voice even.

"I know you didn't mean it when you said that you'd rest for the night. I'm here to make sure you rest. You barely get enough sleep as it is." Light replied, a small smirk on his face.

"Fine..."

About an hour later, Ryuzaki had finally fallen asleep. He tried to wait until Light had left or something, but to no luck. Even after he had fallen asleep, Light still held Ryuzaki, his own mind wandering.

'I can't kill him...' That was Light's last thought as drifted off to sleep an hour later.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Ryuzaki's POV)

The memories... the sound of the bells... they keep getting stronger...

I keep hearing the cries, the sound of the gates. I remember the snow... and how it was falling the day I arrived. I remember the sound of the clock, and the chime of the bell as it reached another hour. I remember Watari, holding my hand, the gates opening... The memories kept playing like a movie in-front of my eyes.

I came back to reality. I was sitting in my chair in the Task Force headquarters... I got up walked over to Watari's room, ripping open the curtain.

Watari turned around halfway in his chair, slightly looking at me. "Ryuzaki? Is something bothering you? What is it?" He said. When I didn't answer, he turned to face me completely. "What's wrong?"

I told him everything. I instructed him on what to do when the time comes.

"I can hear the bells. They're very loud today... We'll be parting soon, thank you Watari, for everything..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Light's POV)

"Light-kun, we've taken off the handcuffs,  but yet you still don't seem to ever want to leave. Even when Ms. Amane comes over, you only talk for a few minutes in the lobby. You know you can have a real relationship with her now, correct?" Ryuzaki stated.

"That can wait until after we finish this case," I told him. Does he still not get it? I don't leave because I still want to be next him...

"Very well. If you could please excuse me..." He said, getting up and walking away.

~ ~ ~

It's been at least three hours since Ryuzaki left. It was pouring outside, and I was getting worried as to where he might've gone. I've walked through the entire building already, and I even checked his room twice. That only left the roof.

I walked up the steep stairs to the roof, and sure enough, there was Ryuzaki standing out in the middle of the platform. He looked soaked...

"Ryuzaki! What are you doing out there!?" I yelled. He didn't do anything. He just stood there, completely still, and turned his head slightly to look at me and put his hand up to his ear.