Chapter 4: Cuddles

(Light's POV)

I woke up the next morning, feeling something warm on my chest. It was also slightly heavy. I looked down and saw the familiar mop of black hair that was Ryuzaki's head. He was lying on my chest. I smiled to myself, he looked so cute like this. So innocent, so vulnerable...

I reached my hand down and started stroking my fingers through his surprisingly soft hair. 'I just wish we could stay like this forever...' I thought, sighing to myself because I already knew the reality of the situation. The truth was, we were never going to be together. And even if we did somehow end up together, I knew it wouldn't last. I mean, come on, the world's most famous- or three most famous- detectives in the world, with his prime suspect for the Kira case. Yeah, I don't see that.

I felt Ryuzaki start to stir, so I took my hand away from his hair, waiting for him to wake up. A couple moments later, he did.

"Light-kun?" I heard him ask, his morning voice even deeper than normal and slightly raspy.

"Yes Ryuzaki?" I replied, staring up at the ceiling and smiling.

"Why am I on top of you?"

"I have no idea. I woke up and we were like this."

"...Okay. I understand..."He said, mumbling something afterwards that I couldn't hear.

"What was that, Ryuzaki?" I asked, looking down from the ceiling and at him. He looked away, and I could've sworn I saw a small blush on his face.

"Nothing..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Ryuzaki's POV)

"...Okay. I understand," I said, then mumbled, "I just wish we could stay like this for longer..."

"What was that, Ryuzaki?" Light questioned, looking down at me.

I felt my cheeks start to heat up a little, a small blush creeping its way on to my face. I looked away so he wouldn't see, then responded, "Nothing..."

He sat up, making me sit up as well. "Come on, what was it?"

I didn't answer, and instead just focused on the window and kept staring out of it. 'I need to focus on this case... there's already a ten percent chance that Light's Kir-'

I felt Light wrap his arms around me- around my waist, to be more specific. He pulled me close to his chest, and I could hear his heartbeat. "Come on, you can tell me," he whispered in my ear, resting my head my head on his shoulder. I was surprised to say the least, and it felt like butterflies were flying around in my stomach.

'I shouldn't be feeling like this... I need to get out of this somehow, but it feels so... nice? Comforting?'

"Come on, tell me what's going on in that genius little head of yours," Light spoke.

'Think, think, think...' "Um..."

"Yes?"

"Nothing. Let's just... let's just go get ready for work." I got out of his grip, and immediately felt cold. I shook it off, and looked at Light. He looked a little disappointed, but as soon he saw me looking at him he hid it, placing a fake smile on his face. Yeah, funny how you think that'll work on me Light Yagami...

For all I know, that little act there could've just been Kira trying to get my name.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everybody was back to working on the Kira case as per usual, but something seemed... off. There wasn't as much activity today, and not to mention I caught Light staring at me a few times. Every time I did, he'd always look away with a blush on his face. That is, except for this time.

He's been staring at me for ten minutes now...

"What's wrong? You've been staring at me for the last two minutes," I asked, then added, "Wait, let me guess, you're annoyed because I'm the only one who has cake."

"Oh, uh, that's not it," he stuttered out as a reply.

"Here," I said, pushing the plate with the cake on it towards him.

"Really, it's fine..." He replied, turning back so he was facing his computer once more.

"Okay..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Light's POV)

It is one a.m.

One a.m.

And while I'm about ready to fall asleep in this chair, Ryuzaki, being the person he is, is still up and wide awake looking over investigation files. How does he do it? Like, I know he's an insomniac and all, but humans need sleep eventually. Maybe he's just not human...? No, that's crazy. Of course he's human.

"Light. You're staring. Again," He spoke up.

"Huh?" I mumbled, then noticed that I was indeed staring at Ryuzaki again. I quickly looked away, and rested my head on the edge of the desk.

Somehow, I was more tired than I originally thought, because not moments later I had fallen asleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(L's POV)

It was one in the morning and the rest of the task force had already left. It was only Light and I. I was looking over some more of the investigation's files and reports.

I looked over at Light-kun, finding him already staring back at me. I waved my hand in-front of his face a couple times, and got no response.

"Light. You're staring. Again," I spoke up instead.

"Huh?" He mumbled, coming back to planet earth. He noticed that he was staring again and looked away, as he had been doing all day.

I laughed inside at how cute he looked. He rested his head on the table and just sat there for awhile, me getting back to work.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was couple hours later, three twenty-two, to be exact. I averted my gaze from the computer's screen over to the younger boy next to me. Apparently, he had fallen asleep. In his chair. At his desk. In the main room of the headquarters. Nice going, Light-kun.

I sighed inwardly, getting up from my chair and walking over to Light, gently picking him up out of the chair. I held him like a baby close to my chest, and started walking upstairs to our room. While I was walking, Light ended up wrapping his arms around me and snuggling closer to me.

I stopped walking for a second, looking at the sleeping teen in my arms. He looked so peaceful and innocent...

Oh Light, please don't be Kira...