Chapter 2- Ripped Innocence

Early dawn broke as Bridget was the first to awaken. To her surprise, she found her only restraints had been that of handcuffs and nothing kept her in place. Sliding from the bed, she watched how every action was still unheard by those nearby. There was something in the way of the door that she soon found to be the lock. Its heavy chain made it impossible to leave without being heard but she knew if she did not try, she would be signing her own death certificate. Therefore, she slid the nob from the hole and swiftly set it against the wall before trying to break free. Opening the door, she found a whiff of fresh air to welcome her before the groaning of the men waking. She had to make a choice.

Tearing open the door, she ran forward to find a set of stairs on either side of her. Choosing those closest, she ran quickly down them, cutting her hand on the sharp metal railing as she tried to run for help. Making it just before the motel manager's office, she was pulled back by a heavy arm that pulled her into the car as it was closer than the room and she was making too much noise. The man who seemed to give orders had been the one who grabbed her as he locked the back of the van before tying her up with the chains. She looked around anxiously before finding there was no escape. Even as she tried to kick, he would then throw punches-gaining access to her stomach, making her immobile from the pain. Eventually, the man took advantage of the moment as he tore her legs apart and took her skirt down to reveal her undergarments. She begged him through his hand covering her mouth but he acted as if he had not heard her.

When it was all over, she winced as it was too much. Hearing stories of her friends of their "first times" made her envious as hers was forceful and unloving. She trembled in the vicinity of her kidnapper-now rapist as he zipped his jeans and opened the back of the van. He quickly turned to her before unchaining her.

"If you try to run again...I will personally make sure you aren't able to walk..." He smirked as if the comment was supposed to sound more erotic than threatening. He tore her up to the room before throwing her on the bed with the other men now awake. The one how had been kind to her rubbed his eyes before seeing the condition she had been in. He looked to the ground and shook his head before looking up and seeing tears in her eyes as she looked to both men with disgust. The other man looked at Harlan with a grin as he was almost proud of his friend.

"Make sure she gets cleaned up. I'm starved. We'll bring you back something then we are heading out first thing."

The nicer man was the one left with her as the others left.

"Vic."

"What?"

"That's my name."

"I don't care."

"Please..." He extended his hand as she pushed her body weight past him and to the bathroom. He followed her as she quickly turned.

"What are you doing?"

"I have to make sure you don't try to leave."

"That window can't even fit my arm." She said pointing to a window that was about four inches by three. "Just let me be alone. If you have any decency." She fought back as he moved back and allowed her to shut the door. When she started the water of the shower, she heard a knock that she tried to ignore.

"Let me take off the cuffs..." He said through the door as she turned and opened the door to allow such a thing. But before he could speak after setting her free, she shut the door and resumed her shower. Stepping in, she washed herself as if she were trying to get to her bones. Crying as the water covered the sounds-or so she thought, she tried to stay strong from the moment. she shook as the visions of her rape overtook her thoughts-even those of escaping.

Another knock came on her door. "I have a change of clothes...you should hurry before he gets back...he won't be happy if you are still in there..."

She shut off the water before emerging with just her head as he handed the clothes. She took them as he saw the wounds on her wrist but could not speak as she shut the door once more. Emerging now clean and fully clothed, she sat on the edge of the bed and was followed by him. He had a small white plastic box in his hands and opened it to reveal a fist-aid kit. Something she had not expected.

"We can't have you getting sick..."

"Why are do you care?' She asked with a hoarse throat from screaming and dehydration.

"No matter what you've done...you don't deserve his wrath...or the pain he's inflicted."

"what did I do?"

Suddenly the door came open and the men stood with a small bag of leftovers. Throwing it beside Vic, the man winked at Bridget before taking a shower himself. The other man glared at the two on the bed, as Vic rose and placed the cuffs back on her newly aided wrists.

"Can I speak to you a minute Vic?" The other man asked as he pulled him out of the motel room.

Leaving the door cracked, she was able to hear their conversation.

'Do you think Harlan will be happy to know you are crushing on the captive?"

"I'm not crushing-she was wounded and he would be more angry if she were to whine or get sick-" He paused. "Are you sure we got the right girl? The one who killed David?"

Her eyes went wide. "I never killed anyone..." She said to herself.

"If Harlan says so-why would he lie?"

"Hey numb skulls!' Harlan called as he pulled open the door. "If you're gonna have a conversation shut the damn door, eh?"

They nodded as he placed a shirt over his torso and moved from the room. "Go pay, we'll pick you up around front. You, help with the girl..."

Vic left her side as he looked back to find her glaring at him-almost as if it was his fault-which in a way, he could help and wasn't. But as they pulled up, she saw him writing something on a post card before Harlan impatiently honked. He turned quick before leaving it on the desk and jumping in the car, as they drove further away.