Chapter 11 -He Has A What?

Zayn's POV

I received a text from Liam. Hey babe. U should come over. Plz? Xx L

I'd love 2 babe. B there n 5 -Z

Kk. Love ya! Xx L

I told Niall and my mother that I was going to Liam's place, and I left. As I had told Liam, I was there within five minutes. I knocked on the door. After about a minute, Liam answered. When I saw him, I smiled.

"Babe!" he walked out the door and hugged me. "Finally, we don't have to be a secret!"

"I'd love you even if we did have to." I told him. Liam gripped me tighter, and we just stood there hugging for a minute.

"Babe, guess what!" Liam let go of me and smiled.

"What is it, baby?"

"I've set up a date for us," he mumbled. "That is if you accept my invitation."

"Of course I do." Liam smiled. He closed the door to his house after grabbing a blindfold from inside. "I have to wear a blindfold?" I pouted.

"It's policy. You do it, you love me." Liam smiled.

"Well, that means I'm screwed. I don't wanna wear it, but I love you, so I will." I glared playfully at him. He frowned.

"Fine, we just won't go." he said. I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him into a kiss.

"We're going." I laughed after the kiss broke off. "Just blindfold me already." Liam smiled and blindfolded me. I got to the car in one piece. Liam got in the car and started driving. "Babe, how long until we're going to be there?" I asked after about ten minutes.

"We're here."

"So I can take off this?" I asked.

"Nope." Liam said.

"You're so lucky I trust you." I laughed. Liam got out of the car, and he led me somewhere. "Baby, where are you taking me?" I asked after a little bit.

"Why don't you take off the blindfold and find out?" he laughed. I took of the blinfold and revealed a beautiful sight.

"Liam-" I couldn't say anymore.

"Do you like?" he asked.

"Do I like?" I said, and Liam frowned. I tackled him to the ground and kissed him. "I love." I smiled.

"I love your smile."

"I love your eyes."

"I love you."

"Not near as much as I love you."

"No, much more."

"Not possible."

"Let's just call it a draw for now."

"Fair enough. For now." I laughed. I kissed Liam lightly on his lips. He had set up a picnic for us by a lake.

(I'm skipping over the picnic, and I'm going staight to the lake!)

"Babe, I love you." Liam made me smile. I was cuddled up with him on the picnic blanket. Liam had his arms around me, and I felt so safe.

"I love you too." I gripped my hands around his arms. "Don't let me go."

"What?" he asked.

"Don't let me go. Please." I didn't know what I was talking about. I just didn't want him to let me go. Ever. It was a strange feeling. It was as if when he let of me, I felt less whole. I just hated being away from him. "I'm sorry. I know that it doesn't make any sense. I just don't wanna be away from you anymore."

"Baby, are you okay?" Liam asked.

"I'm not too sure, babe."

"You wanna go sit by the lake?" Liam asked me.

"Uh, sure," I hesitantily said to him with a fake smile plastered on my face. I couldn't swim, so I was scared of falling in. That's why I was so hesistant. "Baby, please be careful." I said with fear flooding my eyes. I sat next to him by the lake with my feet almost touching the water.

"Babe, what's wrong?"

"I-I can't swim." I confessed.

"Oh, babe, I'm sorry. We can-"

"No, no, that's okay. Just don't let me fall in." I said. "Liam, I-I trust you." I told him. "And I don't trust anyone hardly." Liam wrapped his arms around me, and I felt secure. I had the back of my head resting on his left shouder.

"You know, I'll have to teach you to swim one of these days." he said after a few minutes.

"You'd better be careful." I chuckled. Liam didn't say anything for a few minutes, and I was really tired, so I ended up falling asleep in Liam's arms.

***

I woke up in Liam's car in the passenger seat. He was in the driver's seat, driving somewhere.

"Babe?" I asked drowsily.

"Look who's awake." Liam said, pulling over. It was like he'd screamed.

"Babe, why are you screaming?" I asked. My head was pulsing in pain.

"I'm not screaming."

"Please, bring your voice down a little." I frowned. "What the hell happened?"

"You fell asleep, and after about thiry minutes, I decided to take you back to my house. Babe, what's wrong?" he asked in what sounded like a normal voice.

"My head's killing me." I said. It hurt so much. I could feel tears shedding from my eyes.

"Babe, I'm taking you to the doctor." Liam started driving on the road again.

Liam's POV

I'm really worried about Zayn. First, he starts talking like I'm gonna leave him or something. Now, he's got a terrible headache. Who knows what's wrong with him?

I drove to Dr. Sheeran's as quickly as I could. I got there in five minutes. "I need to see Dr. Sheeran immediately!" I said to a lady behind the counter. Her nametag said 'Jade.' She pointed to a room. I carried Zayn back there. Sure enough, once I entered the door, Dr. Sheeran was right there. "Dr. Sheeran, I need your help." I whispered.

"Why are we whispering?" he whispered.

"Zayn. He's got a terrible headache, and I'm really worried about him, Please, check, do whatever. See what's wrong, please."

"Liam, you need to calm down." he said, taking Zayn from me. "I'm gonna take him to get his head x-rayed, and for now, you need spend a little bit of time calming down. Now, go to the waiting room. I'll call you in when I'm done x-raying him."

"Let me say something to him first." I leaned down to whipser in Zayn's ear. "I love you." I whispered and kissed Zayn's cheek. I walked into the waiting room with tears in my eyes.

***

It was thirty minutes before the doctor called me back in there. When I walked back in there, I saw Zayn sleeping. "It seems that Zayn has-"

"English please." I said.

"He's got a brain tumor." the doctor said, shooting me down. "The tumor is a little bit bigger than half a golf ball, so we need to perform a surgery immediately. I'm afraid I have more bad news."

"What is it?"

"The surgery only has a thirty percent chance of working."