Chapter 16) Tickled pink

|| Chapter 16 ||

Dylan.

Dinner was quiet for the most part. All the children were tired from the flights, and not quite used to the notion of staying up late and actually doing things. The adults however, were loud and adamantly talking, until feeling obligated to take the children back to the hotel to rest up for a day of bigger events.

Not to say that meeting long lost friends, is not an occasion in itself.

The youngest moved fast, sleepily leading the way to the front of the restaurant, parents in tow. Keaton followed along, conversing with the twins, probably about the "surreal" parties he has graced with his presence. Dylan stood from the table, only now realizing how fast the two families had paid, and began to leave.

Crap. She hurriedly rose, and was slightly taken by surprise.

"What, were you so busy pondering on my undeniable allure that you forgot to function?" Nat stood beside the table a few feet in front of her, waiting?

"Haha, very funny." She grumbled but walked beside him, heading to where the hostess was bidding goodbye to the rest of the clans.

They approached the restaurant entrance quickly, the young hostess bidding Nat a very good night, and a convincing "Come back again!"

"You were so dismissive of her." Dylan commented quietly, the warm air meeting her as they slipped into the night.

"Hm?" They were close behind now, about to go their own ways.

"The hostess, she liked you."

"What- no."

"She was pretty too, and American. Didn't your friend Alex fancy foreign relationships? Darn you missed an opportunity." Dylan scolded jokingly, they walked in between the two rental automobiles. The white SUV contrasting slightly with the maroon caravan. Nat's scoff could be heard as the two filed into their separate vehicles. The families exchanged farewells from rolled down windows, Dylan didn't know why, for the company (the so called Future Minds) had sponsored them to Florida, therefore assembly both groups into the same hotel.

They drove the few minutes to the hotel, the short trip almost lulling Dylan to sleep, and arrived slightly before the Kloss family. The Larson's parked and went up to the room they had assembled their bags in earlier.

The room was large enough for the family of four. With two bedrooms and two baths, it was the nicest suite she had ever been in. To the left of the door there was a small semi-modern kitchen, and beyond it sat a pullout couch, a crappy tv, and a partially grimy window that did not open. Dylan guessed it was because of the window's large size, and the height to which their room was situated.

"What floor are you on?" Nat's voice surprised her as per usual. She was just in the middle of brushing her teeth.

Fourteen, she spit her toothpaste out walking out of the bathroom and to the bedroom that Keaton and her were to share.

It had two twin sized beds with a nightstand holding a lamp in the middle.

"No shit. How close do these people want us?"

What do you mean?

"Step outside into the hallway."

It's nearly one in the morning. I'm going to bed. Dylan put her hair in a messy bun that would surely hurt to take out later, her hair was a mess.

"Just do it."

No-

"What, do you sleep naked-"