Ch. 8: SUPRISE

I awoke with a jolt. I felt funny. Something was extremely wrong, but I couldn’t put my finger on what it was. That was until I opened my eyes and looked around. Yeah, this was definitely what was wrong. I wasn’t in my room, or any room that’s even in my house. I looked around the room at the decor. It had creme walls with a few paintings, a tan carpet, and crimson drapes. The bed I was on was a cherry wood canopy, with crimson sheets and pillows. The chest, nightstand, and dresser were dark cherry wood also. There were two sets of double doors, both made of same wood as the furniture. They were carved so beautifully, a professional must have done it. She slowly let her eyes travel up to ceiling. She almost fell back at the shock of the beautiful artwork that covered it, not to mention the chandelier hanging in the center. It was a room fit for a princess, but that still didn’t tell her why she was here or where she was at.

    She slowly scooted to the edge of the bed, placing her feet on the soft carpet. She slowly stood up and walked to the door on her right. As she reached for the handle it began to jiggle. She quickly ran back across the bedroom and dived underneath the bed, hoping she would be hidden. All she could see were three pairs of feet strolling into the room and hear whispered voiced talking. She could see them as they walked closer towards the bed. Two of the pair of shoes looked like men’s shoes, the last were definitely ladies. They were black pumps showing off pedicure toes and an unique tattoo on her ankle. It was of a vine, which seemed to wrap around, with roses sprouting out of the vine. Both of the, what she assumed to be, men wore pants. One had on a pair of dark blue jeans and what looked like work boots, while the other one had on nice black slacks and dress shoes. They finally reached the side of the bed. The one with the dark blue jeans was there first.

    All of a sudden she heard one of the males voices speak. “Where did she go?” he asked. His voice seemed husky and rough, like he had lost his voice and is now recently getting it back.

    “Well we didn’t see her leave, so she couldn’t have left this room,” replied the female voice. Her voice was musical and light.

    “Vadania, my pet, where are you hiding? We would love to talk to you, so if you’d kindly oblige to stepping out, it would be very much appreciated,” the other male voice said. His voice was so sweet and seductive at the same time. He almost wanted to make me come to him, but I was too afraid and pissed. I wasn’t scared for my life, just of what was going on. I was pissed because he called me Vadania, and his pet. Where did he get off calling me that? I took a couple of quite breathes and calmed down. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know how to defend myself, only what I saw in movies. “Come on love. No one’s going to hurt you. I brought a doctor to check on you, and some lunch. You’ve been out for about awhile now.”

    “I don’t think she wants to see you Tristan,” the lady purred.

    “Will you shut your filthy trap Ruby, or must I do it for you?” Tristan asked her with anger and venom dripping from every word.

    “Oh, my poor brother, did you forget how to woo a lady?”

    “Ruby you are pushing my patience.” Tristan took a deep breath, probably to calm himself. “Vadania, I will let you come to me on your own. Please believe me when I say I’m sorry it had to come to this. If you’d like to know what’s going on you can tell one of the guards you need to speak with me. They’ll come to get me, and I promise I will be up here in no time. Please eat and let the doctor check on you. Ruby and I will leave.”

    “And Vadania dear, if you want to talk to a woman, just ask for me. I can be delightful company,” Ruby hurriedly slipped in. I watched as the pumps and work boots left the room. I heard the door shut and looked around for the dress shoes.