Ch. 5 The Perfect Date

I turned and saw Tommy standing there with a murderous glare. “Who are you going out with?” he asked. I was too speechless to talk.

    “It’s none of your business Tommy. Now leave Liz alone.” Sarah answered for me.

    “Come on I just want to know.”

    I finally found my voice. “Derek, thou Sarah’s right. It’s none of your business.”

    “Derek? Are you serious?” He asked in disbelief.

    “Yeah Derek. He’s sweet, charming, and more of a friend or MAN than you’ll ever be. Plus I doubt he’d ever lie about messing around with someone else or saying that he loves me.”

    “Liz please don’t say that. You know I love-“

    “Tommy don’t, don’t you dare say it.”

    “I should kick Derek’s ass for this. I told him to stay away from you!”

    “What? Why would you tell him that Tommy?”

    “Because he’s no good and doesn’t deserve you. You’re too good for him and you need to stay away from him.” I stood there looking at him in shock.

    “WHO do you think you are? You do NOT CONTROL HER!” Sarah butted in screaming. She was pissed and I could tell. Tommy stood there in shock. I turned back to Sarah and hugged her tightly. “If you even cared about her a little but you wouldn’t be putting her through this!” Sarah was my hero when I was in need. I started to cry. “YOU KNOW WHAT GET OUT!!!!! Now Tommy before I make you.”

    “Fine, I’ll leave for now, but Liz be careful tonight and I do love you.” Sarah gave him a violent shove out of the door.

    “I’ll be right back, right after I get rid of the problem,” she whispered while pointing at Tommy. I just stood there crying harder. He was the one that messed around with someone else, and yet he kept saying he loved me. To make matters worse he talked to Derek and told him to stay away from me. He had some serious jealous issues when it came to Derek. Aw Derek, so sweet and gentle. He’s always there for me when I need him. I quickly walked over to the mirror while wiping the tears off my face, I fixed my smeared make-up, and promised myself I would have a good time tonight with Derek. I heard the front door slam and Sarah stomping up the steps. I walked out of my bathroom and sat on my bed waiting for Sarah. As if on cue she stormed in ranting in whispers.

    “I’m so sorry about that Liz. He had no right to say anything. Don’t let him ruin your date with Derek.” Sarah apologized.

    “It’s okay Sarah. I’m not going to let him ruin my date at all, or even worry about it,” I said with a small smile on my lips.

    “That’s my girl. I know you will wait until you get home to cry, scream, and complain.”

    “You know me all too well.”

    “Duh, I’m your best friend. Well at least your make=ups not ruined. Now that we dealt with the devil, let’s go downstairs and wait for Prince Charming.” I gave her a look because of her new nickname for Derek, and then we started laughing. Then she grabbed my hand and dragged me down the stairs.

-5 minutes later-

    I was pacing back in forth in the hallway waiting anxiously. The doorbell rang and I nervously answered it. I wasn’t expecting this at all. Derek was there all right looking very sexy with white Lillie's in his hand. He looked me up and down, then stared into my eyes and smiled. I couldn’t help but smile back.