Ch. 7: The Dream

We got home from running around about 8:00 pm that night. The movie was GREAT and we seemed to have a lot of fun together. Derek and Eric got along great. We all talked, got acquainted, and caught up on things. I’m glad we all got along considering we all were probably going to be hanging out from now on. Mom was pretty much set on the idea. Derek and Sarah left and Eric went to his room. I talked to mom and then headed upstairs to my room. I was almost to my room when someone grabbed me, turned me around and kissed me. I was in a state of shock until I realized whose lips they were. I couldn’t help but kiss back. All of a sudden I was on my bed. My attacker’s hands were running up and down my sides and pulling me close to them. Finally we pulled apart. I looked up and smiled.

    “Is this how you get girls to kiss you?” I asked.

    “Only beautiful ones who I’m in love with,” they said with a smirk.

    “How did you get in here?”

    “I climbed through your window and when I saw you coming I made my move.”

    “So you couldn’t even wait until I was in my room?”

    “No I couldn’t. It looked like such a perfect opportunity.”

    “An opportunity for what?”

    “To make sure you can tell my kisses from anyone's.”

    “You doubted me?”

    “No, but it sounded like a good reason to sneak in here and make out with you.”

    “You are a bad boy.”

    “I know I am.”

    “You better get going before you get caught and in trouble.”

    “Okay I’m on my way. Good night and I love you my Bella Rosa”

    “Farewell my sweet prince.” We kissed once more and then Derek took off out of my window. He apparently used a ladder to get up and down from my bedroom window. He was so romantic and I was hopelessly in love with him. I read a chapter in my book, The Vampire Academy, and went to bed.

    I woke up in a cold sweat. I quickly grabbed my dream journal and began writing before it was out of my head.

    Tonight’s dream was scary and sweet at the same time. Derek and I were on a picnic in the middle of the park in the late evening. It was a last minute date. He wanted to so desperately tell me something before the sun set. We started kissing and seemed not to be able to stop. All of a sudden Derek pulled away and looked into my eyes. His eyes were a beautiful honey color. I leaned away from him and stared.

     “Derek you eyes. They’re so beautiful.”

     “Liz I have to tell you something.”

     “You can tell me anything Derek. I love you.”

     “I love you too Liz, so very much. Liz I’m not what you think I am.”

     “What?”

     “Liz I’m not all human, I have a darker side.”

     “What are you trying to tell me Derek?”

     “Liz I’m a…ahhhh.” Derek started screaming and bent over holding his stomach.

     “Derek, what’s wrong? You’re scaring me.” I ran over to Derek and tried to help him. He just fell to the ground. “Let me get the car and take you to the hospital.” I ran and grabbed my purse to get the car keys out. When I turned around I screamed. There was a puma standing in the same place Derek had just fallen to the ground, and Derek was gone. The puma came up to me and nuzzled it’s snout against my shaking hand. I looked down to see its bright beautiful honey colored eyes staring at me. I reached my hand down to pet it until I was grabbed from behind and dragged way. I looked back to see Eric with fangs protruding out his mouth. He was a vampire. He pulled me behind him and went after the puma who I knew was Derek. Eric and Derek lunged at the same time…